X

My bike is gone

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My bike is gone

My bike is gone, and im left with a gaping hole in my heart. my buddy borrowed it (without my permission) while i was out of town last monday for spring break, and was hit and killed by a semi. Im left without a good friend and without a bike. I dont know what kind of responses i will get to this, but im just reaching out, because i have no one left to reach out to. I need to get another bike, but i know that my family/ friends wouldn't ever forgive me. I just need to be free. Nothing can make up for the feeling of being out of my metal death trap.

If you read this and feel like being crappy, please hold you tongue.

Rest In Peace - Mathew Hutchinson
    you will be missed terribly
    ~Fly On Bird Your Free At Last~

Well as hard as it may be you cant blame yourself as you never let him use it and either can your family. It was your bike yes but his decision to take it out without your permission. Yea it sux he cant be replaced and your bike can but this experience was in no way your fault and shouldnt hinder you from riding and your family shouldnt hold that against you for wanting to ride. Good luck man im sure someone here has a kat they need gone at a steal to help a fellow rider get back on the road.

Last edited by jono237; 03-26-2009, 02:08 AM.

Comment

I`m sorry to hear about your friend and bike.I know that you are going through a lot but dont blame yourself or feel responsible for the accident.Only time will heal wounds and it will take a lot longer if you add the stress of guilt.I hope everything work out for you.Keep your head up an be safe.Dont that you can always log on to KR when you need holla a friend.
      1990 Kat 750 GSXR750 cams Barnetts clutch kit Yoshimura full exhaust

Comment

There's no magic post for this. I am so sorry you lost your friend. The only thing I can think of is that your friend will live on in your memory and your bike is easily replaced. I'll keep ya in my prayers bro.
        Pray Ride Live Love

1994 GSX600F

Comment

Originally posted by Delgado View Post
          I`m sorry to hear about your friend and bike.I know that you are going through a lot but dont blame yourself or feel responsible for the accident.Only time will heal wounds and it will take a lot longer if you add the stress of guilt.I hope everything work out for you.Keep your head up an be safe.Dont that you can always log on to KR when you need holla a friend.

+1000

My thoughts and prayers go out to you.
          sigpic

Comment

Wow . Bummer .
            I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

I'm so sorry for the loss of your friend and your bike, that is terrible. My condolences to all the family and friends
              2007 Honda CBR600rr
              2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-14

visit the Twisted Assassins
              sigpic

Comment

ModernJoker,

I'm very, very sorry to hear about your friend Mathew. Those are some tough circumstances. I can definitely sympathize with the decision you have to make as to whether or not to continue riding, even though you're probably right when you say your friends & family (who most likely don't ride) won't understand...

When my friends and family give me grief about riding (which is fairly often), I tell them that I am completely aware that as motorcycle riders, we assume a high level of risk in exchange for the feelings of pleasure, freedom, focus, escape, satisfaction, and peace that our riding brings us. I make the choice to get on my bike every weekend with full knowledge that this choice could possibly mean that I may never get to see any of them ever again. It's a harsh reality, but there's no denying it.

The people I love would probably be surprised if they knew how often I thought about the potentially harmful consequences of my choice to continue riding. I think about these potential consequences as I'm checking my tire pressure (before almost every ride). I think about them as I gear up (for EVERY ride), and I usually think about them right before I hit the starter button. I even think about them at random times throughout the day, when I'm daydreaming about riding. You will never hear me say "That can't happen to me..." because I constantly come to terms with the fact that 'it' can.

I believe these thoughts temper my judgment while I'm riding, and help me strive to become a better rider. I won't lie and tell you that I don't speed, or that I never ride on the edge. But I do make it a point to do my best to ride within my abilities, to take (mostly) calculated risks, to stay vigilant, and to never ride if I plan on having more than two drinks. I'm sure there are many of you who choose to assume even less risk than I do, or prepare yourselves even better than I do - good for you.

I have a few friends who have given up riding for their families, for their sense of responsibility, or just because they believe the risks outweigh the rewards. I respect those decisions, because they're doing what's right/best for them.

But with all that said, I will continue "living by the sword", without any hesitation or reservations. The benefits outweigh the potential penalties - not for everyone, but definitely for me.

Good luck with your decision.
                Last edited by BelvedereAndTonic; 03-26-2009, 04:35 AM.
                Cheers!

Comment

Sorry to hear of both your losses man. Do not blame yourself for your friend's actions tho. It is not your fault he chose to steal your bike and go joyriding. Get yourself another bike if you want to, your other friends and family can just deal with it. You can't live your life for them.
                  Chris

Originally posted by jetmerritt
                  Save up for great gear and dress for the fall before you ride. If you can't afford good quality gear, don't ride. It's like saying you can't afford seat belts for your car. There are just no laws to make gear mandatory.

Comment

My condolences to you and the rest of the circle of family and friends.
                    As far as you ridng again, your decision.
                    Here's my thoughts, for what they're worth. People die in car accidents every day. That movie star died last week from an accident skiing on the Bunny Slope for begginers. Should everyone quit snow skiing?
                    My sister and bro-in-law crashed last July 13th. When I got "the call", I left right away (4 hour trip) to get to the hospital. She was in a coma, massive brain injury, broken bones, broken ribs, road rash galore. I spent 3 days by her side, but had to return to my home for work related paper work. While I was in my town, I used my Harley to do all my runnin' around. People that knew what just happened to my sister looked at me like I was nuts. I even told a few of them, "Hey, people die everyday for various reasons and in various ways, some they're fault, some not. I'm not gonna change my life and what I enjoy because of what happened to my sister or them."
                    But that's just me. My boss's sister died a year earlier on her Harley, and he won't ride because it would worry his momma. He's 43 years old !!!
                    My sister came out of the coma, but isn't "normal yet". She will ride again. That's her decision.
                    I see it like this....if someone loses a friend or family member, and they're "kinda scared" to ride, they shouldn't ride. But I sure won't quit ridin' because my family or friends are "scared" for me to ride.
                    If and when I die I have a trump card tho'. I'm a Christian, and when I die, I'll go to heaven. It's way better there than here, and my only child, my daughter, passed away 3 years ago next month at 6 years old, and I'll see her then !!!
                    I love chrome like a fat kid loves cake !!!

2003 Harley Ultra ( I'm 49 years old ! )

1998 Kat GSX600F ( I'm 49 years young ! ) Gone, but never forgotten, great bike !!!

Comment

modernjoker, i am so sorry about that. everyone who has posted to this is right. but them being right doesn't make it all okay and go away. we still have to deal with emotional baggage. i' will be praying for you!
                      R.I.P. Marc- You will be missed!

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

Comment

As a few have said on here already, bikes can be replaced. Friends can't. Sorry to hear about both of your losses. If you ever need someone to talk to, I'm on this website practically everyday from Midnight to 8am. PM me or I'll be in the Chatbox.
                        Ride like there's no tomorrow!!! You never know when your going to run out of "tomorrows"!!!
                        Current Bikes:
                        1997 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird
                        2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX14R Special Edition

Comment

sorry for your loss, we are all here for you.

Comment

I'm sorry for your loss. It is normal to want to want to rationalize what happened, to think there is something someone else or ourselves could have done to prevent such a loss. There isn't/wasn't. It happens as part of a cycle... life, loss, death.

Be strong. Allow time to come to terms with the loss of your friend. I know you may never forget him, but time will ease the pain and help you to come to terms with the situation.

Just remember you can no more be responsible for his actions and choices then anyone else could be held responsible for your choices. He made a couple of poor choices, and that was the direct contributing factor. Don't blame yourself or others. Don't accept blames to yourself from others.

Be strong, for this too shall pass.

Krey
                            93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

You have my condolences.....
                              This "Phat Chick" rides her own!!!
                              BTW, I think they may have been correct. It does appear that BLACK is indeed the FASTEST color. R.O.R...R.I.P.M

Welcome to KatRiders.com!Click here to register

Support the KR.com site by shopping here: http://www.motorcyclegear.com/?utm_m...iderscom"]Help

Comment

Working...
                              X