X

My bike is gone

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Zepp View Post
    I'm so sorry for the loss of your friend and your bike, that is terrible. My condolences to all the family and friends
    sigpic

Faster, Faster, Faster... Until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death." Hunter S. Thompson

" Rather ride a slow bike fast than a fast bike slow "

Comment

Sorry to hear about your loss man... Definitely a tragic way to lose a friend... You've got alot of folks here that can listen if you need to talk about it...

With that said...It took me all of 2 months to hop back on a bike after an accident... you kinda know right away if your going to get back on one...

As far as the R6 goes... that's up to you... but as a side note, seeing as how you are under 25, I'd stick with something as close to the Kat as possible... maybe an F4i or ZZR... something that might not be as hard on insurance as an R6... But def enough power to satisfy...

Take care and ride safe.

Take a Spin With The KR Mascot...
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdjHBFbMAWE

Comment

I am a little late getting here, but you have my condolences as well. From how it sounds so far you are handling things very well. We can't see how you are doing in between posts, but don't be afraid to grieve.
        -2000 "750"

Comment

Hello all. It’s been over three months sense I was last on the site, and posted about that horrific event. Things have gotten better, but of course they won’t ever be the same.

On a good note, I bought myself another bike a little over a month ago, and have been loving every minute of it. No it’s not my old Kat (Godspeed) and I no longer ride a Suzuki, but god I love it. 2007 CBR600RR. A wonderful machine. Truth be told, I don’t think I could go back to that old Kat if I had the chance.

I cannot thank you all enough for you kindness and prayers. You all helped me through a really hard time in my life and I will be forever in debt to all of you.

Originally posted by H-2 CHARLIE View Post
          thats a bad story but where did you leave your key ??? was he a roommate ?
          He was more like a brother. He lived with me off and on for 2+ years. I left my key in a small chest on my dresser that I used to leave odds and ends in to keep up with them. (however now I have the key on my person at all times.)

I could be mad at him for taking the bike, but at least he was a smart about it as he could be. He did leave wearing all of my safety gear; meaning my jacket, helmet, and gloves. So, although he technically "stole" my bike, he used his head about it.
          on a sub-note, I found out later on that while he was out, he filled up the bike.
          Last edited by ModernJoker; 06-21-2009, 03:55 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
          ~Fly On Bird Your Free At Last~

Comment

Welcome back, and congrats on your new ride -- a very sweet bike to be sure.

You can keep a spare key at home, just don't put it in an known (to others) location if you have people who would actively borrow your bike without discussing it first.

Cheers
            =-= The CyberPoet
            Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Do you sleep? Like Ever? I actually have already done that, although thanks for the advise! I always have my main key in my pocket, or on my truck key ring, and i have a spare stashed in my room. It is behind a lock as well, just for the peace of mind. There isnt anyone around anymore who would even sit on my bike without my permission, let alone take it out for a ride.

Any tips on tinting a wind screen? window tint film proved to be impossible.
              I'd like to tint it, otherwise i'd just paint it.
              Picked up a used one for 15 bucks. (heck of a steal!) I've heard about a fabled substance called spray on window tint, but i have yet to find a can of it.
              Last edited by ModernJoker; 06-21-2009, 04:17 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Originally posted by ModernJoker View Post
                Do you sleep? Like Ever?
                There's some sleep scheduled for today between 6:45am and 11:15am... if I can keep the damn phone from ringing.

Any tips on tinting a wind screen? window tint film proved to be impossible.
                I'd like to tint it, otherwise i'd just paint it.
                Picked up a used one for 15 bucks. (heck of a steal!) I've heard about a fabled substance called spray on window tint, but i have yet to find a can of it.
                IMHO: Buy a pre-tinted visor (color-in-the-plastic).

Window film won't tend to hold (you could get cling-film and use something like 3M Type 77 spray affixer, but it'll still likely peel over time at the edges). If you do apply film tint, always apply to the inside of the screen.

Spray-on automotive window tint (like PolySpray PS-2) isn't designed with plastic screens in mind, it's designed for glass.

There are tint paints for plastic windows that you can find at hobby stores, because they're used in detailing windows for model cars -- testors brand (the model-paint people) makes at least one, as does model-masters & pactra, and *might* work VHT also makes a big-can version for painting car headlight covers & such, that ought to work (see http://www.summitracing.com/parts/VHT-SP999/ )

Cheers
                =-= The CyberPoet
                Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

im sorry to hear about your loss. you cant beat yourself up over it. in time everything will work out. its just going to take some time. just keep your head up!

Comment

i am sorry to hear about your loss of a friend.
                    but dont feel guilty for the actions and choices made by another individual...
                    at the end, you are not to blame in the eyes of god.

i hope you can cope with the loss of the friend, and get another bike when you are comfortable again.... don't change your habits, actually use this to remind you that the world is filled with 1 second twists.... be safe and say thanks for everyday we are alive.
                    97 GSX600 w/ 9,363mi = $300 (Deal of the century)
                    94.5whp on a Dyno Dynamics

Comment

My condolences
                      If you think routine maintenance is expensive,... Try Ignorance!

Comment

I personally know exactly where you are right now brother! I lost my cousin on a bike we shared ownership of. He was on the bike when it happened. We are still to this day, tight, we were always together. If you seen one of us, the other was nearby! We were together for the good times and bad ones, some self inflicted by ourselves! It is tough to lose anyone!
                        I agree with many that it is no way your fault and you can't blame yourself for owning a bike! Things happen for a reason, I believe! What all should do is to let things like this make you stronger! The best thing is to get back to riding on! The best theropy PERIOD!
                        With my cuz, his mom was totally against bikes for a while and now makes sure to let me know to be safe and gives her love. One thing she didn't get to say to my cousin before his death!
                        RIP CUZ, I know you are with me!
                        TDA Racing/Motorsports
                        1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
                        Who knows what is next?
                        Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
                        Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

Sunday was fathers day. Wonderful afternoon to be out riding. During a short run down the highway I passed a pack of guys on cruisers headed the other direction. I swear on my life that I saw my father riding with them. It really screwed with me and I ended up having to pull over and collect myself. (my father died indirectly because of a motorcycle accident in 01)
                          Not sure why I'm posting about it, but I guess I just wanted to see what all had to say about it.
                          If it was him, I'm glad he got to come down and ride on a beautiful day.
                          Last edited by ModernJoker; 06-23-2009, 12:42 AM. Reason: First post didnt make sense

Comment

Sunday was fathers day. Wonderful afternoon to be out riding. During a short run down the highway I passed a pack of guys on cruisers headed the other direction. I swear on my life that I saw my father riding with them. It really screwed with me and I ended up having to pull over and collect myself. (my father died indirectly because of a motorcycle accident in 01)
                            Not sure why I'm posting about it, but I guess I just wanted to see what all had to say about it.
                            If it was him, I'm glad he got to come down and ride on a beautiful day.
                            Have you considered seeing a therapist or a psychiatrist? Has your sleep and diet been disrupted? It doesnt mean your "crazy", but it might be of great benefit to you.

Comment

Originally posted by Kapp555 View Post
                              Have you considered seeing a therapist or a psychiatrist? Has your sleep and diet been disrupted? It doesnt mean your "crazy", but it might be of great benefit to you.
                              Well thanks a bunch a**.
                              I sleep when I can, and eat well. Therapist dropped off the earth about 6 months back, and considering i'm moving i havent much felt like finding one locally again. It was nothing more than my mind playing tricks on me. We see what we want to. So if i perceive that I saw my father with them, then in my mind i did see him. I realize that it may sound crazy, but Makes sense to me.
                              And hell, on a religious side of it, maybe he got a day to come down and ride. That'd be sweet. Heaven without riding, i dont think so.

Comment

well sorry about what happened to your friend and bike...... but dont feel guilty about it... because one you didnt tell him to get on it and ride and second you werent even there when he took it.... well good luck with that man

Comment

Working...
                                X