No announcement yet.
X

My bike is gone

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My condolences to you and your friends family. It's not a good situation about what happened to your friend, my prayers go out for your loss and his family.

Do what you feel is best and ask God for guidance in your decision. Your friend is in a better place now, free from all this madness here on earth. You'll always have friends here to talk with. Some of us have lost friends and bikes as well. I pray that you make it through this difficult situation friend. You will be in my prayers....
    [FONT=Georgia]Gonna miss you guys and gals, be safe!!

Comment

im also sorry to hear about that also. really sucks goodluck with all
      sigpic TRAIN HARD!! BLACK BELT FOR LIFE!

Comment

There is nothing that can be said that you haven't already thought about. May you find peace within yourself, forgiveness for him, and another bike to replace the one that was destroyed.

RIP
        =-= The CyberPoet
        Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Sorry to hear about your friend and your bike.

Comment

look, I know it's not the right place to say this, but honestly, **** happens. The day I got engaged to be married, I got in a bike wreck. I was in a coma for 10 days, I have double vision I still can't walk without a cane or walker. People told me, worse things have happend, and honestly no nothing has, and nothing could. It's not your fault, your buddy took your bike without your permission. You had 0 to do with it. Life is a series of tests to see how much you can take, Just stay strong, you'll get through this. May your friend rest in peace, but you sure as hell didn't cause it.

Comment

The one thing that is bothering me at this point is according to my younger brother, and girlfriend "its too soon" for me to get another bike. i may sound selfish, but i need to do it for me. I'm seriously considering an R6. Anyone have anything against them? if so, a good argument?
              And arsenic, i agree. i take no offense to you saying that ---- happens. i know it does. One thing that does make me feel good is knowing that he had a hell of a good ride beforehand. it was a beautiful day. i would have done anything to be out on my bike instead of in a car 700 miles away.

I can't say it enough, thank you to my kat riders family. you all have shown me the greatest compassion through this. im very glad i decided to reach out. (considering i nearly didn't in fear of people making me feel like crap about it all)

Ride safe everyone. And ride another 5 min sense i cant!

as a sub note to all of this horrible crap in my life, i lost my father 7 years ago because of a motorcycle. yet i still ride. I learned two lessons from his accident. For the love of god if your not gonna wear a helmet throw away your keys. Im not going to tell you not to drink, or not to ride. Just dont put the two together. Drive you car if you feel the need to drive while intoxicated, but stay off your bike. You'll never know how much you mean to people until its to late.
              Last edited by ModernJoker; 03-27-2009, 12:17 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
              ~Fly On Bird Your Free At Last~

Comment

I don't see any reason not to replace the bike.
                If a stranger had stolen your car and destroyed it on the highway, you'd buy another car, right?
                Or maybe they're saying something more about your riding style and allowing your emotions to dictate your riding style than they are about the bikes themselves (in the sense that "it was just [fate, bad timing] that it happened to Mat instead of you"??).

As for the R6 -- I don't know anything about your riding terrain, your riding style, so I can't comment in the sense that the bike is or is not right for you. I will say that there have been oiling problems with some of the crank journals for a couple years that turned quite a few of them into expensive pieces of junk, because of too close tolerances (and probably compounded by people doing wheelies on an engine not designed specifically to pick-up oil with the front wheel lofted skyward). Almost all yamaha's also share a common flaw in the rectifier pack that handles the charging system (too small, not enough heat-sink, runs too hot), but that can be easily upgraded with a larger one (with a larger heat-sink) strapped to the frame to remove the possible problem.

If you want another Kat, I have one for sale, ready to go... It'd carry you back to OK without issue (it's that road-ready). $2750 for an '02 Kat 600.

Cheers,
                =-= The CyberPoet

PS - when you go out of town, always take your keys with you.

__________________________________________________ ________
                CyberPoet's Katana Maintence and Upgrade Parts Offerings
                The Best Metal Steel Aluminum Motorcycle Tire Valves in the World, plus lots of motorcycle & Katana (GSX600F / GSX750F) specific help files.
                Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

We all support your decision to ride. We hope that you find a little more peace each time you ride. You will be in our prayers.

Comment

My condolences to you

Comment

Cyber - i'm just keeping the key in my wallet. that way its always with me. I understand their fear completelly, but i wouldnt have put myself in the same situation, nor would i. I may speed at times, or push it to the edge, but never far out of my comfort zone. They just cannot understand because. They dont ride.
                      ~Fly On Bird Your Free At Last~

Comment

Originally posted by ModernJoker View Post
                        ... They just cannot understand because. They dont ride.
                        This!

There are those like most of us who see a bike accident as a learning experiance. It happens. You gain from it. You move on, but the desire to ride is always there.

Then there are the rest of the people who don't understand. Always against it, or the first time they or someone they know drops or lays down a bike, it's over with...

I'd rather enjoy life living it, not watching from behind the saftey glass.

Krey
                        Last edited by Kreylyn; 03-27-2009, 09:02 AM. Reason: bah, who reads the reason anyways?...
                        93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

my Condolences to you, your friends family and others affected by this sad event. Please take care and good luck with your decision on the new bike.

Comment

thats a bad story but where did you leave your key ??? was he a roommate ?

Comment

Originally posted by BelvedereAndTonic View Post
                              ModernJoker,

I'm very, very sorry to hear about your friend Mathew. Those are some tough circumstances. I can definitely sympathize with the decision you have to make as to whether or not to continue riding, even though you're probably right when you say your friends & family (who most likely don't ride) won't understand...

When my friends and family give me grief about riding (which is fairly often), I tell them that I am completely aware that as motorcycle riders, we assume a high level of risk in exchange for the feelings of pleasure, freedom, focus, escape, satisfaction, and peace that our riding brings us. I make the choice to get on my bike every weekend with full knowledge that this choice could possibly mean that I may never get to see any of them ever again. It's a harsh reality, but there's no denying it.

The people I love would probably be surprised if they knew how often I thought about the potentially harmful consequences of my choice to continue riding. I think about these potential consequences as I'm checking my tire pressure (before almost every ride). I think about them as I gear up (for EVERY ride), and I usually think about them right before I hit the starter button. I even think about them at random times throughout the day, when I'm daydreaming about riding. You will never hear me say "That can't happen to me..." because I constantly come to terms with the fact that 'it' can.

I believe these thoughts temper my judgment while I'm riding, and help me strive to become a better rider. I won't lie and tell you that I don't speed, or that I never ride on the edge. But I do make it a point to do my best to ride within my abilities, to take (mostly) calculated risks, to stay vigilant, and to never ride if I plan on having more than two drinks. I'm sure there are many of you who choose to assume even less risk than I do, or prepare yourselves even better than I do - good for you.

I have a few friends who have given up riding for their families, for their sense of responsibility, or just because they believe the risks outweigh the rewards. I respect those decisions, because they're doing what's right/best for them.

But with all that said, I will continue "living by the sword", without any hesitation or reservations. The benefits outweigh the potential penalties - not for everyone, but definitely for me.

Good luck with your decision.
                              Change "two drinks" to "none" and +1000

My sincere condolences for your loss.

Comment

Hang in there... Our prayers are with you.
                                2006 Black N Gold Katana 750.
                                Hey Pittsburgh!!! (and Western PA), Join the
                                "Sport Bike Alliance of Pittsburgh" : http://www.sportbikealliance.com And lets RIDE...
                                Motorcycle Maintenance Scheduling and MPG tool: http://www.mileagetracker.org/index.php
                                Veteran of the United States Air Force.
                                "Land of the Free... BECAUSE... of the Brave".

Comment

Working...
                                X