X

Some jerk touched my bike last night!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kycycles View Post
    is that cover a pain to take on and off. i always had to deal with people sitting on my bike. the irritates the heck out of me too
    A bit . Depends on the bike . The alarms string dealy likes to snag , tripping the alarm . And the new design front pocket for the screen is a little iffy . Older design was better . But the grommet for cable locks and tiedown straps are nice , though the older ones had them , too . Not a bad cover for the price .
    I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Originally posted by professa_riddler View Post
      If it gets your stamp of approval, then nuff said.
      It's not my only alarm, but it is a first-line-of-defense alarm. Louder than pretty much all the others too...

Cheers,
      =-= The CyberPoet

__________________________________________________ ________
      CyberPoet's Katana Maintence and Upgrade Parts Offerings
      The Best Metal Steel Aluminum Motorcycle Tire Valves in the World, plus lots of motorcycle & Katana (GSX600F / GSX750F) specific help files.
      Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Originally posted by The CyberPoet View Post
        It's not my only alarm, but it is a first-line-of-defense alarm. Louder than pretty much all the others too...
        Makes sense. What is the difficulty of DIY installing the other type of alarm systems, such as the Scorpio? Is it a DIY install?
        -Fire Is Good, It purifies the Soul.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by professa_riddler View Post
          Makes sense. What is the difficulty of DIY installing the other type of alarm systems, such as the Scorpio? Is it a DIY install?
          You can do the scorpio as a DYI without too much heartache... If you do, order the wiring kit accessory for the Kat (mates the OEM wiring harness' blinker connectors on the Kat to the plugs on the Scorpio, and leaves only a couple wires left to cut & either solder or crimp, such as the main run switch signal).

Cheers,
          =-= The CyberPoet

The Best Metal Steel Aluminum Motorcycle Tire Valves in the World, plus lots of motorcycle & Katana (GSX600F / GSX750F) specific help files.
          Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

You can do the scorpio as a DYI without too much heartache... If you do, order the wiring kit accessory for the Kat (mates the OEM wiring harness' blinker connectors on the Kat to the plugs on the Scorpio, and leaves only a couple wires left to cut & either solder or crimp, such as the main run switch signal).
            Thanks for the info. Bday is coming around the bend. I have something to add on the list.
            -Fire Is Good, It purifies the Soul.
            sigpic

Comment

alarm

Originally posted by md86 View Post
              A bit . Depends on the bike . The alarms string dealy likes to snag , tripping the alarm . And the new design front pocket for the screen is a little iffy . Older design was better . But the grommet for cable locks and tiedown straps are nice , though the older ones had them , too . Not a bad cover for the price .

i might have to look into one. thanks for the info

Comment

Man...I hate that crap! People don't want to get a decent job or earn anything nice. They would rather work harder trying not to get caught. I don't understand it. Someone broke into my house about 2 months ago and stole a pistol and a very expensive watch. It P***ES me off every time I think about some P.O.S. walking around in my house like its christmas morning.

Comment

i got robbed(kinda off topic)

i finally got my justice. My house got robbed 2 years ago. We were able to catch the pricks. one got 20 years, two got 12 and i think the other one was a juvie. However, i saw his name on the news a couple weekds ago..he got busted making a meth lab. now he is an adult so he will serve time. man it felt good to finally catch someone screwing me over.

Comment

Cheers,
                    =-= The CyberPoet

Looks like I will have to add a Scorp alarm on my to do list.
                    2006 Black N Gold Katana 750.
                    Hey Pittsburgh!!! (and Western PA), Join the
                    "Sport Bike Alliance of Pittsburgh" : http://www.sportbikealliance.com And lets RIDE...
                    Motorcycle Maintenance Scheduling and MPG tool: http://www.mileagetracker.org/index.php
                    Veteran of the United States Air Force.
                    "Land of the Free... BECAUSE... of the Brave".

Comment

i might have to look into one. thanks for the info
                      If you're close enough ( I'm in N central Ky ) , you can check mine out in person . I ain't usin it right now anyway . We can make some kind of arrangement if you wish . Like you can "test drive" it for a while or something with a small deposit .....

Comment

offer

thanks for the offer. i am in west ky but will be moving back towards lexington this summer. maybe we can talk then

Comment

thanks for the offer. i am in west ky but will be moving back towards lexington this summer. maybe we can talk then

Comment

Working...
                          X