X

Some jerk touched my bike last night!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some jerk touched my bike last night!

Hello all. I live in an apartment complex and I always keep my bike covered and I have the cover "locked" to the bike with a combination cable lock. I also always lock the steering and I have a Kryptonite lock on the front rotor. I looked out this morning when I got up and some no count, waste of human skin had ripped my cover off I guess in an attempt to steal my bike??!! Maybe he saw the rotor lock after struggling with the cover and gave the hell up. Now I have to buy a new cover. I can't believe some a$$hole actually even touched my bike!! I guess when I get home today I will park my bike long ways in front of my car. At least that will make it a little harder for them. That really ticked me off this morning.
    'REMEMBER SOME PEOPLE ARE
    ALIVE SIMPLY BECAUSE IT IS
    ILLEGAL TO SHOOT THEM'

sigpic----------------------------------------

Shotgun ....

All you want to know is right here ~

Comment

Originally posted by jbo197 View Post
      Shotgun ....
      Former Marine 3/97-3/01
      MOS 0161 Semper FI!
      sigpic

Comment

That sucks!
        Katriders.com, we've got dumb answers!

Comment

Two simple options and at least one more complicated option...

Simple:

1. Xena Disk Alarm Lock (or knockoff). This rotor lock has a motion sensor and alarm in it. Normally moving the cover will set it off. $20 - $80 depending on brand, source.

2. Gaurdian Alarm for Dowco covers. This particularly loud & annoying alarm sits in a pocket within the covers and gets clipped to anything on the bike that would tug out a safety pin on the alarm when the cover is lifted (alarm will continue to go off until they get the pin back in, which is always a PIA and takes at least a good minute if you know what you're doing -- 4 to 5 minutes if you don't). $18 - $30 depending on source.

More complicated, but better:
          Scorpion Alarm (i500, i600, i900) or equivalent. These alarms have three dimensional movement sensors and optionally perimeter alarms, plus remote notification to a pager-like device. The instant someone starts to screw with the bike, your pager goes off. Expect to pay $250 (used) to $500 (new, top-of-the-line) for this kind of solution with remote notification.

Cheers,
          =-= The CyberPoet

__________________________________________________ ________
          CyberPoet's Katana Maintence and Upgrade Parts Offerings
          The Best Metal Steel Aluminum Motorcycle Tire Valves in the World, plus lots of motorcycle & Katana (GSX600F / GSX750F) specific help files.
          Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Shotgun is right!!! I have a Winchester 16 ga. that my father gave me a while back. I need to go to his house and get it!!! I would like to catch the moron in the act!!! Yessir.
            'REMEMBER SOME PEOPLE ARE
            ALIVE SIMPLY BECAUSE IT IS
            ILLEGAL TO SHOOT THEM'

sigpic----------------------------------------

Comment

shotgun, no that is too quick and painless for such a scum. one bullet to each of the shoulders, and one to each of the knees. bet he wont' do that again!!
              R.I.P. Marc- You will be missed!

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

Comment

Some ppl man that's why I got a older bike in hopes that it would be less desirabe to a would be theif at least til I get a garage or a house with a shed.

Comment

At least the cover delayed them enough that they decided to not go any further, and you still have your bike. I had a beautiful sportbike stolen and can tell you it sucks.

Comment

Sorry to hear it but glad that it is still there.
                    sigpic
                    1990 750 KAT, 2010 ZX-14

Comment

Originally posted by noodle View Post
                      At least the cover delayed them enough that they decided to not go any further, and you still have your bike.
                      That's some good news right there.

Comment

keep in mind that at least your bike is still there

Comment

my bikes are kept in a garage ...but 8 mo. ago when gas was 4.00 dollars a gal. some one stole my gas .. took the drain plug off the bottom of my gas tank and stole every drop = 12 gal. ..went to the dounet shop and said a fuse ?? i tapped on the bottom of tank and saw a hole ..drove home =1 blk. and in my driveway was my drainplug so i fiberglassed it over so you cant even tell .........................then i bought a driveway patrol its a light senscer looks like one on a flood light but it takes a square 12 volt battery and you can put it anywhere it sends a sigenal to the reciever like the chimes when you walk in a dounet shop it covers my driveway and was only 40 dollars ....only the recievier goes off in the house so you can look out side and catch the ***** messing with your stuff ..its infrared and covers 400 feet and turn it on at bed time ..the phone #is 562-692-9599 in ca. i love it -wireless driveway patrol
                          Last edited by H-2 CHARLIE; 03-26-2009, 01:34 AM.

Comment

Some people are just ****s. I had my bike parked on the street last summer and one morning my mirrors were pointing straight up, the choke was on, the gas tank key flap was flipped up, and the petcock was switched to reserve. It's pretty obvious they weren't actually trying to steal it, they were just messing with it.
                            sigpic
                            »Ross Wendell
                            »1992 Katana 600, 1987 MR2 turbo, 2005 Corolla

Comment

Originally posted by The CyberPoet View Post

2. Gaurdian Alarm for Dowco covers. This particularly loud & annoying alarm sits in a pocket within the covers and gets clipped to anything on the bike that would tug out a safety pin on the alarm when the cover is lifted (alarm will continue to go off until they get the pin back in, which is always a PIA and takes at least a good minute if you know what you're doing -- 4 to 5 minutes if you don't). $18 - $30 depending on source.
                              Yup . I got that one . Neighbors probably hated it , too . I tripped the alarm myself a few times taking the cover off , and that line snagging on the seat .
                              I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Working...
                              X