X

handy or t-rex rear stand

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• handy or t-rex rear stand

Im going to buy a rear stand and I think Ive narrowed it down to these two (handy or t-rex). Any suggestions or comments on the two?

Thanks

The T-Rex stands get good reviews on the Buell board. Sorry, I can't offer much more than that, as I have the Pit Bulls, which reminds me I need to order the pin for the Kat.
    Pics
    Pics
    No pics yet
    Just because they sound the same doesn't mean they are: there≠their≠they're; to≠too≠two; its≠it's; your≠you're; know≠no; brake≠break

Comment

I've also heard good things about the T-Rex on the r6 forums. Never heard of Handy. I got mine off ebay for $43 shipped but for some reason I think it said it won't work with a Kat.

Comment

Well I heard good things about the T-Rex as well.

At least for the Kat, I won't recommend the REAR STAND.

The swingarm rests on the ROUND posts on the T-Rex stand which is covered in a plastic / rubber material. After MINIMAL USE of the rear stand with my Kat, the plastic has worn smooth in several spots, so now they Kat will NOT stay planted on the stand. So the stand is USELESS to me. Which is a pain since having a Bandit 1200 shock made a centerstand useless.

I emailed T-Rex more than a YEAR AGO about this. He requested a PICTURE of the stand to make sure "it was a T-Rex Stand"...WTF? It's a PLASTIC piece. So I complied....with my Ebay receipt included even.

That was almost TWO MONTHS ago. No replacement piece.

Comment

Originally posted by ctandc View Post
          The swingarm rests on the ROUND posts on the T-Rex stand which is covered in a plastic / rubber material. After MINIMAL USE of the rear stand with my Kat, the plastic has worn smooth in several spots, so now they Kat will NOT stay planted on the stand.
          I was actually reading on BadWeb about someone who had the pads wear off one of the Pit Bull stands. He ended up using the nonslip drawer liner (like what you would use in a tool box or kitchen drawers that sticks to everything) wrapped around a few times and said that it did a far better job than what was originally on there. It might be worth a try.
          Pics
          Pics
          No pics yet
          Just because they sound the same doesn't mean they are: there≠their≠they're; to≠too≠two; its≠it's; your≠you're; know≠no; brake≠break

Comment

Pit bull also makes weld on spool mounts for those of us that don't have them. I have the pitbull stands and they are great! Don't know about the ones listed but I know the pitbull fork riser works great on the Katana with the standard pin.

Zero movement when working on the bike and very easy to lift up and put back down.
            Representing the Pre's! Updated my Garage so have a look!

Comment

Originally posted by thetable View Post
              I was actually reading on BadWeb about someone who had the pads wear off one of the Pit Bull stands. He ended up using the nonslip drawer liner (like what you would use in a tool box or kitchen drawers that sticks to everything) wrapped around a few times and said that it did a far better job than what was originally on there. It might be worth a try.
              Heck of an idea.. I'll stop by Lowe's / Home Depot on the way home tonight. I haven't dealt with it yet, it just aggravated me the way the email exchange was...like I was going to cheat him out of two little plastic pieces for another brand of rear stand??

Comment

Originally posted by ctandc View Post
                it just aggravated me the way the email exchange was
                That is completely understandable.
                Pics
                Pics
                No pics yet

Comment

Do Kats not have a place to screw on rear spools? I don't remember now. Harbor freights also sells a rear swingarm stand for $40ish, I have heard its fairly solid.

Comment

Originally posted by beherenow71 View Post
                    Do Kats not have a place to screw on rear spools? I don't remember now. Harbor freights also sells a rear swingarm stand for $40ish, I have heard its fairly solid.
                    The only way to mount them that I know of is with a welder, but they do sell iffy adapters to turn it into a swing arm adapter.
                    Pics
                    Pics
                    No pics yet

Comment

I like my pit bull stand for the front, very handy. The stickers that come with it look cool on my tool box too

New to Katriders? Click Here!

Comment

Working...
                      X