X

Greatest racer of all time ????

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greatest racer of all time ????

Who knows the greatest racer of all time ????? And what bike ??? I will post a pic.

I think Giacomo Agostini is still tops. 122 professional wins and 15 world championships.
    But that was in the days when those guys raced multiple classes. Most of his wins were with MV Agusta.

After that:
    Rossi and 97 professional wins with 8 championships..

Mike Hailwood and 76 professional wins 9 championships.. He raced the famous Honda 6.

Phill Reed and 52 professional wins 7 championships.. With Yamaha and MV

John Surtees and 38 professional wins 7 championships.. MV and Norton.. He also won GP championships with Ferrari..

And that's right.. Wayne Rainy, Kenny Roberts, Eddie Lawson, Freddy Spencer, Kevin Schwanz... Nowhere on my list. Sorry.
    Last edited by Black_peter; 03-23-2009, 02:55 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Greatest racer of all time IMHO

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2djR3TItQJ4"]YouTube - AMA SUPERBIKE Ben " Elbowz " Spies[/ame]

ben spies.... if you watched AMA last year you would know why. He won every race if mat mladin didnt. And he won every race by like half a lap (maybe an exaggeration but still)... plus hes #1 for a reason (dono what number hes riding with at yamacrapstealsmyfavoriteriderssoIhatethem)

Plus look at this ****.... how bad *** can you get, honestly

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pFW9MFw4OPA&feature=related"]YouTube - art of slide by ben spies[/ame]

Comment

Always has a soft spot for Mick Doohan cos he's from near where I'm from.

Comment

Originally posted by Robgsxf750 View Post
          Always has a soft spot for Mick Doohan cos he's from near where I'm from.
          Five consecutive GP championships..
          Raced with more body damage than anyone else I can think of..
          Good choice.

Originally posted by Edbean View Post
          Greatest racer of all time IMHO
          Ben " Elbowz " Spies
          Only time will tell.. Everyone thought Norick was the greatest thing ever.
          He flamed out long before he died.. Consistency IMO makes a racer.
          Look at Dale Quarterly. Won just a few races but clinched the title because the rarely DNF'ed.

Comment

Rossi and 97 professional wins with 8 championships.. ON his way to be the GOAT !
            sigpic

Faster, Faster, Faster... Until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death." Hunter S. Thompson

" Rather ride a slow bike fast than a fast bike slow "

Comment

I vote John "Hopper" Hopkins :

4 podiums in 6 years of racing... That's greatness...

Seriously, Valentino gets my vote... Especially after the jump he made from the RCV to the M1... And still won the championship with a slower bike.

Ben spies has alot of proving to do...

It would be sweet to see Rossi jump in a superbike race this year and see how he does against Ben and possibly Bayliss on the Duc (since there's been a rumor of the two wanting to race head to head)... That would be awesome to watch.

Take a Spin With The KR Mascot...
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdjHBFbMAWE

Comment

Thats just krewl ! you see how Hopper is in SBK superbikes starting in the next race in Valencia on a Stiggy Honda ....Good Luck to John . I'd love to see him do something
                sigpic

Faster, Faster, Faster... Until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death." Hunter S. Thompson

" Rather ride a slow bike fast than a fast bike slow "

Comment

Joey Dunlop!!
                  Miguel Duhamel!!
                  TDA Racing/Motorsports
                  1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
                  Who knows what is next?
                  Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
                  Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

I guess I cant really speak about most of the guys you guys are taking about, considering I was born in 1990 and started riding/following bike racing in like 2004

Comment

Originally posted by waveman View Post

Thats just krewl ! you see how Hopper is in SBK superbikes starting in the next race in Valencia on a Stiggy Honda ....Good Luck to John . I'd love to see him do something
                      Ever since the Faster movie, I've been a Hopper fan.. Even when he went to Kawi I was still rooting for him...

I will definitely root again for him in wsbk.

Take a Spin With The KR Mascot...
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdjHBFbMAWE

Comment

For me, the Greatest racer will always be Carl Foggarty. He was just AWESOME.
                        Originally posted by Nero
                        "Be the ball, Danny. Be the ball."
                        SUPPORT YOUR FORUM: Buy a KR decal!

MY 2001 600 KATANA - Sold... But never forgotten.

Comment

Isn't "all time" relative? Any rider who can make a living doing what we do for fun and attempt to emmulate has my respect.
                          sigpicLife throws you curves......enjoy the ones you get when riding.
                          ------------------------------------------
                          89 GSX750F(sold....sob)
                          96 YZF 1000R

Comment

"Fast" Freddie Spencer .... My all time favorite .....

He won on the naked superbikes ...

..... and was successful as well when they put plastic on them in multiple dosplacement classes (Imagine riding a race on a 500cc 2 stroke then going straight to a 250cc machine and being highly competitive and dominant in both races) ....

... He was the man

IMO, Miguel Duhamel would be next .... that's just me though
                            Last edited by BIGKAT1100; 03-23-2009, 07:15 PM.
                            The people who think they know everything always mess it up for those of us who do .....

BIGKAT1100

Comment

In no particular order, but it has to be one of these imo

joey dunlop
                              steve hislop
                              wes cooley
                              ago
                              john surtees
                              rossi
                              mick doohan
                              robert dunlop
                              ron haslam

Renthals & twin spots do not make a streetfighter !

Comment

Working...
                              X