X

Barnett and my 97 600 Kat

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barnett and my 97 600 Kat

Hello to all. I am asking for any advice with my install of a Barnett clutch kit in my 600 Kat. Thanks in advance.

is it the barrnet kevlar ???

Comment

take the old ones out put the new ones in What specifically do you have questions about?

Comment

Maybe soak the new fibers in oil overnight ......
        I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Thank you all for your responses. I am sorry that I have not been on, I had to travel for work. I did see that Barnett recommended that I soaked the fibers for 10 minutes before installing. I also read the requirements about the steel plates, having the all the rough edges facing the same way. I guess that is all I need to know. As far as if the fibers are Kevlar, It does not say. The part number is TM-21K. By what I understand the "K" does stand for Kevlar. If you have any other advice, please chime in. Take care all.

Comment

bead blast the sleel plates mine were $ 10.00 for all of them at a local motor rebuilder ask for bead not sand its to rough ..he looked on the bag it said glass bead on the bag but looks the same

Comment

Originally posted by H-2 CHARLIE View Post
              bead blast the sleel plates mine were $ 10.00 for all of them at a local motor rebuilder ask for bead not sand its to rough ..he looked on the bag it said glass bead on the bag but looks the same
              I have brand new steel plates. Are you saying to bead blast them, or were you recommending to do that to the old ones if I were going to reuse them? Thanks.

Comment

If you got new steel plates you wont need to

Comment

Thanks all. Got it all in with no problem. It gave me a scare though. It was a bit tough to get into gear at first so I let it warm up a bit and click, I was in there. So, again thanks all. Take care.

Comment

Working...
                  X