X

600 Kat clutch help

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 600 Kat clutch help

Hi all! I'm getting my Kat ready for the season and at the end of last season I was having trouble going from neutral to firs and first to second. I was reading around the forums and and I remember reading that somebody said that my metal clutch plates could be warped. Well, I took the cluch assembly out today and 6 metal plates were brown and the edges were blue-ish. I put the plates on my kitchen counter (that is the flatest thin that I have) and it was hard to tell if they were warped. Is there any way that I can check them, or is the color that I see enough to swap them out? Also, can I sand them down a bit? Should I buy both metal and fiber plates? Where is the best (cheapest) place to purchase? Any other suggestions? Oh yes before you suggest, the clutch was adjusted correctly. Thanks for any advice you can give.

WELL CHECK ON A FLAT SURRFACE TO SEE IF THEY ARE WARPED IF NOT CHECK AT A MACHINE SHOP THAT REBUILDS MOTORS ... HAVE THEM BEAD BLAST THEM - NOT SAND TO ROUGH THEN GET A SET OF NEW SPRINGS =10.00 DOLLARS AND A SET OF FRICTION PLATES AND 1 GASKET..DONT OVER TIGHTEN THE BOLTS ON THE BASKET. I LIKE [VESRAH ]CHECK THESE PLACES OUT THEY HAVE THE STELL PLATES IF NEED [ WARPED ] WWW.DENNISKIRK.COM 1-800969-7504 / WWW.SUDCO.COM 1-800-998-3529

Comment

Thanks for the reply. I found a complete Barnett kit with friction disks, steel disks and springs for 160.00 shipped. I hope this solves the problem. Thanks again.

Comment

Working...
      X