X

Katana Crash

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Katana Crash

Well, long story short here, my dad and I were looking through pics of his old bikes and we came across these shots of his crashed Katana. He bought it brand new in 1989 and crashed it a month after he bought it. Hospital time and a cracked skull for him, but he lived. Bike was totaled out and was sent to a junk yard. The pics don't even do it justice according to him. The springs were sticking out of the forks and the bike had flipped multiple times. He found out later that the motor was in good shape and ended up going into someones drag bike. It was weird to find this out because I never even knew about this bike before I bought my kat. He says it didn't bother him much because he never really got a lot of seat time with her, but says she did 155 no prob and power wheelies where an accident a lot of the time. I guess the best lesson to be learned from this is don't ever drink and ride your bike, because this could very well be the outcome. In case your wondering, he hit the back of a car doing approx. 80-90 mph, with a girl on the back. Both lived to tell the story, but it was all luck.

wow, that's one messed up Kat.

And one lucky pair of riders.

Take a Spin With The KR Mascot...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdjHBFbMAWE

Comment

I remember seeing them when new. A lot younger then and all I could do was dream of someday owing one.

The 80's, yeah, height of drink, Qualludes, coke and go fast. Although I don't know how, that part I remember.

Glad the outcome was a good one for your Dad and ultimately yourself.

Damn I hate seeing pics like that...

Edit:
      If the speed of contact is correct, the cage he ran into must have had a pretty fast fwd momentum also. All in all, not much damage. Considering....
      Last edited by DayKat; 03-21-2009, 03:51 PM.
      It would't be any fun if it was easy! BUT, it does have to be this much fun!!

Comment

ehh... that'll buff right out

-2000 "750"

Comment

I really like the look of that Kat model! Glad your dad and his passenger lived to reflect on this crash!
          sigpic

Current bike: 2007 Hayabusa

Comment

wow thats crazy, glad they made it out ok
            sigpicLife is 5% what happens to you, and 95% how you react to it
            k9 GSX-R 600
            GO VOLS!

Comment

I'd love to have one of those.
              This "Phat Chick" rides her own!!!
              BTW, I think they may have been correct. It does appear that BLACK is indeed the FASTEST color. R.O.R...R.I.P.M

Welcome to KatRiders.com!Click here to register

Support the KR.com site by shopping here: http://www.motorcyclegear.com/?utm_m...iderscom"]Help

Comment

Originally posted by Cheriff View Post

and a can of touch up paint
                Blood , its in you to give! http://www.blood.ca/

Comment

Originally posted by DayKat View Post
                  Edit:
                  If the speed of contact is correct, the cage he ran into must have had a pretty fast fwd momentum also. All in all, not much damage. Considering....
                  +1
                  90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
                  I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
                  Originally posted by soulless kaos
                  but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Originally posted by Cheriff View Post

Only with the proper grit sandpaper.

Glad your dad lived to tell the tale.
                    sigpicLife throws you curves......enjoy the ones you get when riding.
                    ------------------------------------------
                    89 GSX750F(sold....sob)
                    96 YZF 1000R

Comment

All I need is an Avacado pit , a stick of gum, two tic tacs and duct tape, she'll be just like new.

Glad to hear they lived WOW. At least he beat the three B's and was able to share his story.
                      BIKE, BROADS,and BOOZE they'll get you every time.

Comment

He was very lucky in that crash.

That sure was a nice Kat.
                        2007 Honda CBR600rr
                        2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-14

visit the Twisted Assassins
                        sigpic

Comment

I'm really please to hear the passenger survived the wreck (they don't more often than the driver). I served in the military with a guy who was trying to run away (theoretically) from the fact that his motorcycle accident had killed his GF... exactly the same kind of story, except she wasn't as lucky. He enlisted right after burying her.

Cheers,
                          =-= The CyberPoet

__________________________________________________ ________
                          CyberPoet's Katana Maintence and Upgrade Parts Offerings
                          The Best Metal Steel Aluminum Motorcycle Tire Valves in the World, plus lots of motorcycle & Katana (GSX600F / GSX750F) specific help files.
                          Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Originally posted by streebs93 View Post
                            Well, long story short here, my dad and I were looking through pics of his old bikes and we came across these shots of his crashed Katana. He bought it brand new in 1989 and crashed it a month after he bought it. Hospital time and a cracked skull for him, but he lived. Bike was totaled out and was sent to a junk yard. The pics don't even do it justice according to him. The springs were sticking out of the forks and the bike had flipped multiple times. He found out later that the motor was in good shape and ended up going into someones drag bike. It was weird to find this out because I never even knew about this bike before I bought my kat. He says it didn't bother him much because he never really got a lot of seat time with her, but says she did 155 no prob and power wheelies where an accident a lot of the time. I guess the best lesson to be learned from this is don't ever drink and ride your bike, because this could very well be the outcome. In case your wondering, he hit the back of a car doing approx. 80-90 mph, with a girl on the back. Both lived to tell the story, but it was all luck.

God must have been with them that day
                            Ride like there's no tomorrow!!! You never know when your going to run out of "tomorrows"!!!
                            Current Bikes:
                            1997 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird
                            2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX14R Special Edition

Comment

That seem like a real nice kat when new. I am glad they lived to tell the story.
                              Roops Photography|facebook|
                              03 GSXR 1000
                              04 Honda Aquatrax Jetski
                              Past: 92 Yamaha Seca II -> 04 Kat 600 -> 92 Kat w/gsxr 750 swap -> 01 GSXR 750 -> 03 GSXR 1000

Comment

Working...
                              X