No announcement yet.
X

Help; Locked my keys under my seat!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They had a guy here lock his under the seat at bike night last year. It was a PITA, but he eventually get the seat unlatched
    2007 Honda CBR600rr
    2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-14

visit the Twisted Assassins
    sigpic

Comment

If there are numbers on the seat lockcylinder, you can take the code to a locksmith. A locksmith can take that code and cut a key for you.
      89 kat 750
      2X 85 fz 750
      03 1100 v-star
      86 fz600 gawd I love this bike!!

Comment

Spare key for both bikes in my wallet at all times. These have saved me in the past when I did a similar dumb thing about 300 miles from home. Also have one of the factory keys at home. As has been mentioned, most good locksmiths will have blanks, I've even bought blanks on ebay before for the Yamaha before I checked into my local locksmith.
        2000 Katana 600, Hooligan Bike
        2005 FJR 1300 ABS
        2001 Ninja 500 Hooligan Bike

When all ya got is hammers, everything looks like a nail - Unknown

Comment

Originally posted by FASHER View Post
          They're like $22 - $25 at the dealer. Not all dealers can cut em, so you might have to also visit a locksmith. I found my extra key on eshamy for $6.00. I was able to get it cut at the hardware store.
          Americas Motorsports in Rivergate cut my key for 8.00.
          If you want the OEM key it is more, but the generic blank was cheap. The generic one does not have the black plastic on the end of it.
          The first thing I did when I got my bike ws get 4 spares. The originals are at home, I use one spare, one in the house key box and one in my wifes car, just in case.

Comment

Originally posted by Alley_Kat View Post
            Americas Motorsports in Rivergate cut my key for 8.00.
            Local locksmith cut keys for me this past week for the ZX. I brought the OEM blanks. It was like $3.80 a key as a walk-in. Heck, HomeDepot can do it and they only charge a buck a key last time I checked...

If you do go see a professional lock-smith, ask him if he can actually generate the key-cut code for your key, then write it down and tuck it away where-ever you keep your title. Some day, when all your keys are worn down (or you are a zillion miles from home) that code can be used to cut another one.

Cheers,
            =-= The CyberPoet

__________________________________________________ ________
            CyberPoet's Katana Maintence and Upgrade Parts Offerings
            The Best Metal Steel Aluminum Motorcycle Tire Valves in the World, plus lots of motorcycle & Katana (GSX600F / GSX750F) specific help files.
            Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Home Depot did the key for my Pre...I haven't made the 2nd set yet for the Post.
              -
              -

I poured spot remover on my dog. Now he's gone.

Comment

I had a helluva time finding the blank for mine . Eventually someone I know (Special K) said he had a stack , so I bought one . Had to buy ANOTHER when the first hardware store I brought it to split the key trying to copy it .
                I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Do I have to have a Suzuki blank, or can i just take my key into a hardware place and have them copy it?
                  Air Force

audentes fortuna juvat

Comment

Depends on the hardware store, some might have the blanks, others might not. Most true locksmith shops should have one though, and are usually very reasonable as long as they're just cutting a key using the original to copy from.
                    John,
                    '05 GSXR750, '86 FZX700 Fazer, wifes bike '02 R6
                    sigpic

Comment

None of the hardware stores in my area had blanks, I had to go to a locksmith to get my spare made. I could have gotten one from my dealer for $23, but the locksmith only cost me $7.
                      Sex Panther cologne -- 60% of the time, it works every time

Comment

Got my extra keys cut at Wal-mart, keys work fine but they are twice as long as a stock key, but they are okay as an extra set to keep at home.
                        Originally posted by arsenic
                        93 octane fuel and K&N pod filters rock.

Comment

So what's the thrilling conclusion? Did you have to bust out the torch? Undid the latch just before the hidden explosives that were being used as a plot device in your garage detonated with 1 second left?

Comment

Well I tried to drop out the bottom, didnt work. In the process of trying to drop it, i loosened it enough to where I could see the cable that went to the release. Well i tried about everything to get that cable to move. Screwdriver, wire, but nothing worked. In order to pull the cable, the locks gotta move, so that didnt work. I ended up breaking down and calling a locksmith. Cost me $45, but it was a nice day, and the first ride of the season. So i quickly forgot about it once I got goin down the road. So everyone should learn from my wonderful experience and get keys made!!
                            Air Force

audentes fortuna juvat

Comment

Im sorry to laugh but thats just down right funny
                              Ride like there's no tomorrow!!! You never know when your going to run out of "tomorrows"!!!
                              Current Bikes:
                              1997 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird
                              2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX14R Special Edition

Comment

Happened to me before i just stuck a flathead in worked it a little and managed to get em out..who cares about the method as long as the end result is the same
                                pveity = 100%

Comment

Working...
                                X