X

Lend Me Your Wisdom!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lend Me Your Wisdom!

Alright, so the time to buy my first motorcycle is approaching, and I still have NO idea what i'm doing... and you all do. SO I thought I should start a thread asking for common mechanical problems I may run into with the kat and what to do when said problems occur. So if you have the time, I'd appreciate any tips. Tally-ho.
    Oh and if there is another thread like this already... my bad. didn't see it.

Originally posted by ben View Post
    Alright, so the time to buy my first motorcycle is approaching, and I still have NO idea what i'm doing... and you all do. SO I thought I should start a thread asking for common mechanical problems I may run into with the kat and what to do when said problems occur. So if you have the time, I'd appreciate any tips. Tally-ho.
    Oh and if there is another thread like this already... my bad. didn't see it.

-First tip, do MSF.
    -Second tip, 2nd gear is a common problem among pre98 kats. if possible get a test ride to see how 2nd gear is.
    -Third tip: keep your carbs clean and your oil fresh and the engine will last.

Fourth tip: start browsing the forum and looking for the common problems so you can try and prevent them

Comment

5th tip.....follow tips 1-4

I dont have "hobbies" I'm developing a robust Post-Apocalyptic skill set....

http://www.excessivehoppyness.blogspot.com

Comment

cant argue with the Poet

Comment

thanks cp even tho i already bought my bike that info still helped me put my mind at rest as i know i made a good purchase on my new summer toy

Comment

Working...
          X