Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• trinc
    started a topic Ebay killed the RF900 shock experiment

Ebay killed the RF900 shock experiment

well i really liked the RF900 shock - too soft for my style of riding but a new spring & a recharge would fix that ( that and $150-$200 ).

but Ebay caught my eye again. from Ohlins USA - brand new with warranty !

$305 ! not a bad deal.

tim

• Justin
    replied
    Re: I'd love a suspension tweak

Originally posted by trinc
    justin,

what springs are you using with the emulators ? how do they feel ?

tim
    Tim,
    still using the stock springs. it feels much better but I plan on getting new springs very soon, maybe some ohlins if cyber can get us a good deal.
    Justin

Leave a comment:

• skasner
    replied
    Interesting information CyberPoet... I am 140lbs but I do quite a bit of 2up riding w/ my 100lb fiance on the back. My Kat is a 99 but has only 6400 miles on it right now.

I haven't had much of a chance to really give the suspension a good workout because of the crappy macedems I had on it.

I'm breaking in some diablo stratas this weekend which have been sitting in my garage for a few weeks so hopefully I can get a better idea of what state the suspension is in.

If you still have one laying around by the time I have the cash I'll grab it up. Right now though money is too tight (just paid a crapload of bills and have a tuition bill on the way).

Leave a comment:

• The CyberPoet
    replied
    Originally posted by skasner
    Geez, this is quite tempting. I'm thinking of adding a Gixer 750 or a ZX-7R to my stable next year so I'm not sure if I want to invest that kind of cash into my Katana. It's going to be the long-trip bike... not the corner carver.
    It's not just a matter of being a corner carver -- the rear shock on the Kat is built to a price, and just as fork seals wear out with age, the rear shock seals wear out as well (resulting in crappy rear suspension performance). You're riding an '99, meaning your shock is either 6 or 7 years old now (depending on the build-date -- most '99 were built in the second half of 98 due to shipping time lags); if you weigh in around 140lbs, it's probably fine, but if you weigh in around 200 lbs or more (with passenger/cargo/etc) it's probably seen better days. At that price, you can't even get the OEM rear shock replacement ($322.56 through RonAyers for the 600 version, probably about $360 through your local dealer -- the 750 version, which is more comparable to this offer because of the reserve reservior is $655.64 through RonAyers and probably $700 through your dealer). Plus, this one gives you a lot more options for settings and a much, much higher quality (ohlins are the top of the motorcycle shock market in terms of quality).

Just food for thought.
    Cheers
    =-= The CyberPoet

Leave a comment:

• skasner
    replied
    Geez, this is quite tempting. I'm thinking of adding a Gixer 750 or a ZX-7R to my stable next year so I'm not sure if I want to invest that kind of cash into my Katana. It's going to be the long-trip bike... not the corner carver.

Leave a comment:

• The CyberPoet
    replied
    Tier pricing structures, based on quantity of item (as verses to total order size), tier price breaks at qty 3, 10, etc...

Give me a part number, I get a quote and we'll go from there. Until my dealer packet arrives, I don't have the cross-ref for the appropriate part numbers nor the dealer pricing sheet to look it up. And, yes, my KR friends will get rock-bottom pricing from me.

Cheers
    =-= The CyberPoet

Leave a comment:

• trinc
    replied
    congrats cyber.

have you figured out how the dealer pricing works ? based on sales ?
    or should i state: how much for a set of fork springs ?

tim

Leave a comment:

• The CyberPoet
    replied
    [EDITED]
    Well, I have managed to get my hands on several of the SU 802's at $295 by buying them in qunatity. If you want one, please PM me. You get them at my price plus shipping to clear them out ASAP (I need to free up the cash again for other things) -- save yourself $$!!

And, yes, SU 802 is a close-out item. Once out of stock, they won't be offered any more (only the more expensive, higher-end shock will be offered -- for those of you with $900 worth of disposable income!).

Cheers
    =-= The CyberPoet

Leave a comment:

• The CyberPoet
    replied
    Well, I'm officially an Ohlins dealer now

[EDITED] SEE NEXT POST [/QUOTE]

Cheers
    =-= The CyberPoet

Leave a comment:

• trinc
    replied
    Re: I'd love a suspension tweak

Originally posted by Justin
    Cyber,
    I'd definitely consider a full suspension upgrade if we could get some "dealer discounts"
    Justin
    justin,

what springs are you using with the emulators ? how do they feel ?

tim

Leave a comment:

• Justin
    replied
    I'd love a suspension tweak

Cyber,
    I'd definitely consider a full suspension upgrade if we could get some "dealer discounts"
    Justin

Leave a comment:

• md86
    replied
    Hey , if I can find someone who wants the 1100 shock I picked up , I'd jump on one . As it is though , I'll wait till I get back from the Gap and re-assess my financial situation then .

Leave a comment:

• The CyberPoet
    replied
    I think it's a case of many being in the same situation I'm in -- they want all their disposable/spare cash available for the rally and any issues that may happen during the trip (hey, what if I need a new tire or a wrecker, etc?). I'm hoping I can grab the close-outs at an even cheaper price for everybody as a dealer

Cheers
    =-= The CyberPoet

Leave a comment:

• trinc
    replied
    Originally posted by The CyberPoet
    I got an email from Jerry Wohlgemuth at Ohlins welcoming me and basically saying that it would seem we'll be a good fit. There may still be additional paperwork between now and the ability to purchase, but most of what they could ask for has already been handled (licenses, resales certificates, tax ID's). I'm waiting for a call from their inside tech sales staff now to talk turkey.

Cheers
    =-= The CyberPoet
    part #2

best of luck - i'm really suprised that an offer like i posted ( which was brought on by your asking about more product ) wasn't followed by 8 orders. it is such a great deal. i must assume that kat owners aren't really going to pony up the cash to upgrade their suspension.

tim

Leave a comment:

• Anonymous
    replied
    I can be a pre 98 test subject

Leave a comment:

Working...
X