X

Ebay killed the RF900 shock experiment

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[EDITED]
    Well, I have managed to get my hands on several of the SU 802's at $295 by buying them in qunatity. If you want one, please PM me. You get them at my price plus shipping to clear them out ASAP (I need to free up the cash again for other things) -- save yourself $$!!

And, yes, SU 802 is a close-out item. Once out of stock, they won't be offered any more (only the more expensive, higher-end shock will be offered -- for those of you with $900 worth of disposable income!).

Cheers
    =-= The CyberPoet
    Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

congrats cyber.

have you figured out how the dealer pricing works ? based on sales ?
      or should i state: how much for a set of fork springs ?

tim

Comment

Tier pricing structures, based on quantity of item (as verses to total order size), tier price breaks at qty 3, 10, etc...

Give me a part number, I get a quote and we'll go from there. Until my dealer packet arrives, I don't have the cross-ref for the appropriate part numbers nor the dealer pricing sheet to look it up. And, yes, my KR friends will get rock-bottom pricing from me.

Cheers
        =-= The CyberPoet
        Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Geez, this is quite tempting. I'm thinking of adding a Gixer 750 or a ZX-7R to my stable next year so I'm not sure if I want to invest that kind of cash into my Katana. It's going to be the long-trip bike... not the corner carver.
          I'm completely in favor of the separation of Church and State. My idea is that these two institutions screw us up enough on their own, so both of them together is certain death. - George Carlin

Join the Zietgeist Movement
          http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...3847743189197#

Comment

Originally posted by skasner
            Geez, this is quite tempting. I'm thinking of adding a Gixer 750 or a ZX-7R to my stable next year so I'm not sure if I want to invest that kind of cash into my Katana. It's going to be the long-trip bike... not the corner carver.
            It's not just a matter of being a corner carver -- the rear shock on the Kat is built to a price, and just as fork seals wear out with age, the rear shock seals wear out as well (resulting in crappy rear suspension performance). You're riding an '99, meaning your shock is either 6 or 7 years old now (depending on the build-date -- most '99 were built in the second half of 98 due to shipping time lags); if you weigh in around 140lbs, it's probably fine, but if you weigh in around 200 lbs or more (with passenger/cargo/etc) it's probably seen better days. At that price, you can't even get the OEM rear shock replacement ($322.56 through RonAyers for the 600 version, probably about $360 through your local dealer -- the 750 version, which is more comparable to this offer because of the reserve reservior is $655.64 through RonAyers and probably $700 through your dealer). Plus, this one gives you a lot more options for settings and a much, much higher quality (ohlins are the top of the motorcycle shock market in terms of quality).

Just food for thought.
            Cheers
            =-= The CyberPoet
            Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Interesting information CyberPoet... I am 140lbs but I do quite a bit of 2up riding w/ my 100lb fiance on the back. My Kat is a 99 but has only 6400 miles on it right now.

I haven't had much of a chance to really give the suspension a good workout because of the crappy macedems I had on it.

I'm breaking in some diablo stratas this weekend which have been sitting in my garage for a few weeks so hopefully I can get a better idea of what state the suspension is in.

If you still have one laying around by the time I have the cash I'll grab it up. Right now though money is too tight (just paid a crapload of bills and have a tuition bill on the way).
              I'm completely in favor of the separation of Church and State. My idea is that these two institutions screw us up enough on their own, so both of them together is certain death. - George Carlin

Join the Zietgeist Movement
              http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...3847743189197#

Comment

Re: I'd love a suspension tweak

Originally posted by trinc
                justin,

what springs are you using with the emulators ? how do they feel ?

tim
                Tim,
                still using the stock springs. it feels much better but I plan on getting new springs very soon, maybe some ohlins if cyber can get us a good deal.
                Justin

Comment

Working...
                X