Ebay killed the RF900 shock experiment

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The CyberPoet
    replied
    I got an email from Jerry Wohlgemuth at Ohlins welcoming me and basically saying that it would seem we'll be a good fit. There may still be additional paperwork between now and the ability to purchase, but most of what they could ask for has already been handled (licenses, resales certificates, tax ID's). I'm waiting for a call from their inside tech sales staff now to talk turkey.

Cheers
    =-= The CyberPoet

Leave a comment:

• Mojoe
    replied
    Originally posted by The CyberPoet
    Well, I put in the dealer app today. We'll see what they say. They may turn it down on the basis that we don't have a shock dyno and a race team (they seem to be seriously looking for that as part of the approval process). Fingers crossed...

Cheers
    =-= The CyberPoet
    i will certainly keep my fingers crossed for you. i will see what you can do for me with both the front springs and rear shock. in the mean time i am going to have my stock one rebuilt. it may work ok. at worst it can go on my other bike.

Leave a comment:

• Mr. Clean
    replied
    AH HA! So YOU are the one I was bidding against!

Leave a comment:

• The CyberPoet
    replied
    Well, I put in the dealer app today. We'll see what they say. They may turn it down on the basis that we don't have a shock dyno and a race team (they seem to be seriously looking for that as part of the approval process). Fingers crossed...

Cheers
    =-= The CyberPoet

Leave a comment:

• Spedee
    replied
    Originally posted by Mojoe
    you guys are lucky. i have to settle for a koni.....unless any of you know if any of the bikes listed will swap with the 1100 kat.
    You should be able to find an appropriate solution by contacting Öhlins directly -- they will find/build/special-order you the appropriate solution if you want to go that route. If you give me a couple weeks, I may be able to get it to you at a slashed-price, as I just started the process to become an Ohlins dealer.

Cheers
    =-= The CyberPoet
    Perfect timing. I want new springs for the front.

Leave a comment:

• trinc
    replied
    I may be able to get it to you at a slashed-price, as I just started the process to become an Ohlins dealer.

Cheers
    =-= The CyberPoet
    cool - a matching set of fork springs are next on the list !

tim

-edit- they list a steering damper too. i wonder how that mounts ?

Leave a comment:

• The CyberPoet
    replied
    Originally posted by Mojoe
    you guys are lucky. i have to settle for a koni.....unless any of you know if any of the bikes listed will swap with the 1100 kat.
    You should be able to find an appropriate solution by contacting Öhlins directly -- they will find/build/special-order you the appropriate solution if you want to go that route. If you give me a couple weeks, I may be able to get it to you at a slashed-price, as I just started the process to become an Ohlins dealer.

Cheers
    =-= The CyberPoet

Leave a comment:

• Mojoe
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Spedee
    replied
    I bought the first one a month ago. Never knew they had more. Here in Canada that shock is $1000 cdn. I bought mine for $411 US / $510 cdn.
    A great deal and worth every penny.

Leave a comment:

• trinc
    replied
    Originally posted by theKM
    There's been a couple of them on eBay recently. They go off like firecrackers though. This 305 auction was at 150 with 30 minutes to go... I took it to 250, and someone else faught trinc to get to 305.

But a week or two ago there was the same shock, and it went for around the same mark.
    spedee got one of them & someone else got a buy it now for $300 !

tim

Leave a comment:

• Anonymous
    replied
    Originally posted by meanstrk
    You have been saying that for a month JP!

Nice shock!
    I know, I'm still figuring out how to prop the rear up. (+ laziness)

Leave a comment:

• theKM
    replied
    There's been a couple of them on eBay recently. They go off like firecrackers though. This 305 auction was at 150 with 30 minutes to go... I took it to 250, and someone else faught trinc to get to 305.

But a week or two ago there was the same shock, and it went for around the same mark.

Leave a comment:

• The CyberPoet
    replied
    Originally posted by trinc
    [edit] oops - i'll answer the question: i e-mailed mike asking if he's going to blow out any more or if it's possible to do a direct buy.
    Got 'em

Cheers
    =-= The CyberPoet

Leave a comment:

• trinc
    replied
    [edit] oops - i'll answer the question: i e-mailed mike asking if he's going to blow out any more or if it's possible to do a direct buy.

Leave a comment:

• The CyberPoet
    replied
    Now I've got 'em and am blowing them out at $295 + S&H. That is my cost, so if you want one, PM ME...

Cheers
    =-= The CyberPoet

Leave a comment:

Working...
X