X

Ebay killed the RF900 shock experiment

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mojoe
    you guys are lucky. i have to settle for a koni.....unless any of you know if any of the bikes listed will swap with the 1100 kat.
    You should be able to find an appropriate solution by contacting Öhlins directly -- they will find/build/special-order you the appropriate solution if you want to go that route. If you give me a couple weeks, I may be able to get it to you at a slashed-price, as I just started the process to become an Ohlins dealer.

Cheers
    =-= The CyberPoet
    Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Originally posted by The CyberPoet
      I may be able to get it to you at a slashed-price, as I just started the process to become an Ohlins dealer.

Cheers
      =-= The CyberPoet
      cool - a matching set of fork springs are next on the list !

tim

-edit- they list a steering damper too. i wonder how that mounts ?

Comment

Originally posted by Mojoe
        you guys are lucky. i have to settle for a koni.....unless any of you know if any of the bikes listed will swap with the 1100 kat.
        You should be able to find an appropriate solution by contacting Öhlins directly -- they will find/build/special-order you the appropriate solution if you want to go that route. If you give me a couple weeks, I may be able to get it to you at a slashed-price, as I just started the process to become an Ohlins dealer.

Cheers
        =-= The CyberPoet
        Perfect timing. I want new springs for the front.
        Bike is sold

Comment

Well, I put in the dealer app today. We'll see what they say. They may turn it down on the basis that we don't have a shock dyno and a race team (they seem to be seriously looking for that as part of the approval process). Fingers crossed...

Cheers
          =-= The CyberPoet
          Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

AH HA! So YOU are the one I was bidding against!

Comment

Well, I put in the dealer app today. We'll see what they say. They may turn it down on the basis that we don't have a shock dyno and a race team (they seem to be seriously looking for that as part of the approval process). Fingers crossed...

Cheers
              =-= The CyberPoet
              i will certainly keep my fingers crossed for you. i will see what you can do for me with both the front springs and rear shock. in the mean time i am going to have my stock one rebuilt. it may work ok. at worst it can go on my other bike.
              I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

I got an email from Jerry Wohlgemuth at Ohlins welcoming me and basically saying that it would seem we'll be a good fit. There may still be additional paperwork between now and the ability to purchase, but most of what they could ask for has already been handled (licenses, resales certificates, tax ID's). I'm waiting for a call from their inside tech sales staff now to talk turkey.

Cheers
                =-= The CyberPoet
                Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

I got an email from Jerry Wohlgemuth at Ohlins welcoming me and basically saying that it would seem we'll be a good fit. There may still be additional paperwork between now and the ability to purchase, but most of what they could ask for has already been handled (licenses, resales certificates, tax ID's). I'm waiting for a call from their inside tech sales staff now to talk turkey.

Cheers
                  =-= The CyberPoet

i got dib's on the first of the free product samples !

tim

Comment

I can be a pre 98 test subject

Comment

Cheers
                      =-= The CyberPoet
                      part #2

best of luck - i'm really suprised that an offer like i posted ( which was brought on by your asking about more product ) wasn't followed by 8 orders. it is such a great deal. i must assume that kat owners aren't really going to pony up the cash to upgrade their suspension.

tim

Comment

I think it's a case of many being in the same situation I'm in -- they want all their disposable/spare cash available for the rally and any issues that may happen during the trip (hey, what if I need a new tire or a wrecker, etc?). I'm hoping I can grab the close-outs at an even cheaper price for everybody as a dealer

Cheers
                        =-= The CyberPoet
                        Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Hey , if I can find someone who wants the 1100 shock I picked up , I'd jump on one . As it is though , I'll wait till I get back from the Gap and re-assess my financial situation then .
                          I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

I'd love a suspension tweak

Cyber,
                            I'd definitely consider a full suspension upgrade if we could get some "dealer discounts"
                            Justin

Comment

Re: I'd love a suspension tweak

Originally posted by Justin
                              Cyber,
                              I'd definitely consider a full suspension upgrade if we could get some "dealer discounts"
                              Justin
                              justin,

what springs are you using with the emulators ? how do they feel ?

tim

Comment

Well, I'm officially an Ohlins dealer now

[EDITED] SEE NEXT POST [/QUOTE]

Cheers
                                =-= The CyberPoet
                                Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Working...
                                X