X

peg rubber

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• peg rubber

Is the rubber grip on the pegs replaceable, and if so, is it just glue that keeps them on?
    WTB: ANY Katana located in Bangkok, Thailand. :-/

the rubbers are attached with screws on the bottom of the pegs
    personally i would get a couple shorter screws abd ditch the weights too
    98 GSX750F
    95 Honda VT600 vlx
    08 Tsu SX200

HardlyDangerous Motosports

Comment

the 600 don't have a weight on the bottom. Here's what he's talking about:

one peg has the rubber, one dosen't. I have 0 clue how those get attached.

Comment

Arsenic, those are pre pegs in the pic aren't they? Mine on my 01 don't look anything like those.

Mine look to be almost riveted in. As to replacement, I might find a cobbler, and see if they have any suggestions. OTOH, it would probably be just as easy and cheap to throw some aftermarket pegs.
        Pics
        Pics
        No pics yet
        Just because they sound the same doesn't mean they are: there≠their≠they're; to≠too≠two; its≠it's; your≠you're; know≠no; brake≠break

Comment

This is where the garage info comes in handy.

Comment

no, those are PASSENGER pegs, pre and post are the same.

Comment

My passenger pegs have the same look as the rider pegs minus the feelers.
              Pics
              Pics
              No pics yet
              Just because they sound the same doesn't mean they are: there≠their≠they're; to≠too≠two; its≠it's; your≠you're; know≠no; brake≠break

Comment

I never tried it, but could you try using some of that rubber coating stuff for tool handles? I know they have some thick, textured stuff that you could do multiple coats of once you remove the original rubber. Just an idea.
                -Marty (Red)

sigpic

BANGERANG RUFIO!

Comment

IF its the passenger pegs you are talking about, just remove the other rubber off, clean and polish it. Looks MUCH better.
                  Must read for carb tuners......http://www.factorypro.com/tech/tech_...m_engines.html

Comment

yeah, i tried searching but didn't have any luck. IMO, i'm not a fan of aftermarket stuff, and haven't had much luck finding an OEM replacement, unless i want to replace the whole peg. . . i spent 4 hours riding ACH today and rubbed off almost all of the rubber of the left peg.

thanks for the info guys!

yeah, i tried searching but didn't have any luck. IMO, i'm not a fan of aftermarket stuff, and haven't had much luck finding an OEM replacement, unless i want to replace the whole peg. . . i spent 4 hours riding ACH today and rubbed off almost all of the rubber of the left peg.

thanks for the info guys!
                    Last edited by djct_watt; 03-16-2009, 01:30 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
                    WTB: ANY Katana located in Bangkok, Thailand. :-/

Comment

Wire brush and some 3m adhesive remover. Not sure if you can see mine on my avatar.

Last edited by kevin2502000; 03-16-2009, 01:24 PM.
                      Must read for carb tuners......http://www.factorypro.com/tech/tech_...m_engines.html

Comment

Working...
                      X