X

protecting my bike

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• protecting my bike

I have been looking for a tent or a canopy that will cover my bike for short amounts of time (short being like a day or two days or something like that. Becuase I ride my bike every day or every other day but hate/to lazy to put that bike cover on every single time I come back... So I was wondering if there was some inexpensive way to have a stationary collapsable encloser that I could just drive between and park.

IM SURE YOU CAN FIND SOMETHING AT THE HOME DEPOT/SEARS HOMECARE CNTR. , BUT YES I ADMIT YOU R LAZY I GARAGE MY KAT, LOCK BOTH ROTORS AND COVER IT EACH TIME...WHAT CAN I SAY I LUV MY KAT.....AND...I LIVE IN KROOKLYN, NEW YORK.
    (((((((RIDE HARD OR GO HOME)))))))

Comment

I thought of keeping mine in a storage unit in the development I live in, but they seem to get vandalized more than the cars just sitting out in the open. I always cover mine and lock it down. Im lazy too..but if I didnt do it, and something happened, i'd never forgive myself.

Not sure about inexpensive but you can get small canopy's that are portable for cars and bikes.

Comment

There's a thing that's a bike tent on the market. You drive into it, then lift the hinged cover -- it pulls over the bike like a tent, with 4 arches build-into the tent material. I don't know if it would be any more secure than just leaving your bike parked out, how it would handle storm weather, or if it would be any better than a regular cover (well, less likely to scratch it up). Here's a link: Bike Barn

For piece of mind, you want one of these: CyberPoet's MotorcycleAnchor(tm)

Cheers
        =-= The CyberPoet
        Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

I bought an easy up 10x10 canopy this weekend from wal-mart for $90...

Plan on using it today to wash,wax the bike and change out my bolts..
          Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

"That whenever any form of government becomes destructive to these ends, it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their safety and happiness." - Declaration of Independance

Comment

Reading what Supa-fly and Wildcat go through makes me happy I live in Quient Alhambra, CA... I usually leave my keys in the ignition after parking my bike in my garage..
            --
            Sagan

Comment

Originally posted by Sagan
              Reading what Supa-fly and Wildcat go through makes me happy I live in Quient Alhambra, CA... I usually leave my keys in the ignition after parking my bike in my garage..
              Can you post your street address as well, please??!?

=-= The CyberPoet
              Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

I chain mine to a telephone pole, put on the disk lock, put on the cover and lock the cover through the grommets with a cable lock and last but not least put on the alarm, whew, I'm getting tired just writing about it.
                R.I.P. Marc (CyberPoet)

Comment

Originally posted by The CyberPoet
                  Originally posted by Sagan
                  Can you post your street address as well, please??!?

=-= The CyberPoet
                  I thought of getting a type of canopy like Z mentioned.. do they fold up at all for easy storage or is a pain in the arse?

Comment

depends on what you get.. the one i have is a n easy up and folds up into one piece.. the one i bought for the back porch was a PIA to put together and is NOT for the single person to put up and take down. The one i bought for $90 is ... but i do not knwo if i would use it in all weather and such.. I used mine yesterdy in the fornt yard to wash and wax the bike and to do some other work on it. Just to keep me and the bike out of the sun.
                    Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

"That whenever any form of government becomes destructive to these ends, it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their safety and happiness." - Declaration of Independance

Comment

garage for me. If not a garage, then I would look into one of those sheds you can buy at like Home Depot or something.
                      Kan-O-Gixxer!
                      -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
                      -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
                      -Ohlins Susupension
                      -Various Other Mods

Comment

Working...
                      X