X

Getting another key?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting another key?

I need another key to my Kat. Problem is, I need the new key because I destroyed the old key.

So, my question is this, how do I get a new key without having the old key for them to copy? Can I get a new key from a Suzuki dealer?
    Nick www.naskie18.com Googletalk: naskie18 AIM: naskie18

Yes, go to your dealer. They'll have a reference # for the key and will either have one (depending on how old your bike is) or atleast be able to order one.

Get ready to pay thru the nose tho.

Comment

OR TAKE THE IGNITION TO A LOCKSMITH, THEYLL DO IT 4 LESS THAN 100 BUX
      (((((((RIDE HARD OR GO HOME)))))))

Comment

I think replacements keys from the dealer are @ $50.... atleast that's what I've heard.

Comment

I had to have a locksmith come out to my house a number of years ago because the key broke off and it was the only one we had becuz I lost the other one like a week before. Charged us 125.00 to fix it and make 2 new keys.

Comment

I once had a locksmith make me one for an old Yamaha using the helmet lock.

Comment

THE ONLY WAY you are going to get a key made for your bike is to have a locksmith cut one. I had one come to the house and cut 2 keys for $50.00.

Comment

Yeah happened to me too......the guy came over to my house.....made one key for 70$ and then I got like ten made for 5$ each at the local lock and key shop. lol I loose a lot of keys.

Comment

I got the bike to a locksmith today and for a small fee (read: bend over and take it up the tailpipe), they were kind enough to make me another key. Works great, which is nice

Definately gonna have a couple more keys made at a slightly cheaper price
                  Nick www.naskie18.com Googletalk: naskie18 AIM: naskie18

Comment

Working...
                  X