Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Extremely close call.....ALMOST went down.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SweetLou
    replied
    I hate people. Specially those that are in there own little world, and think that they own the frigging road.

Leave a comment:

• WildKat
    replied
    She loves me even if I shiat myself.
    now thats true love..

Leave a comment:

• duff daddy
    replied
    good job buddy dont wanna wreck that nice bike, cuz then we wont see more pics of your girl on the bike .... haha jk

Leave a comment:

• MTFYR
    replied
    Isn't amazing when instincts take over. You look back and go
    "how did I do that, Whew!!!"

Nice save glad you made it through

I got home after thanking the people for stopping and hugged my fiance.

Leave a comment:

• KnightRider
    replied
    Originally posted by Katgirl
    So gald you're ok! Good skills keeping her up!
    Did you hug your fiance before or after you changed your pants?
    I most certainly did not. She loves me even if I shiat myself.

Thanks guys for the comments, means a lot hearing that all of you would be there for fellow Kat riders.

Leave a comment:

• KatDan
    replied
    i hope you put on clean underwear when you got home!

Leave a comment:

• Sagan
    replied
    Nice Save!

Leave a comment:

• Char
    replied
    That's where the, "I hate people!" come into play. Some people can be total arseholes on the road. BUT...I'm glad that everything played out for the best and no harm was done to YOU or the bike. *hugs*

Leave a comment:

• Katgirl
    replied
    So gald you're ok! Good skills keeping her up!
    Did you hug your fiance before or after you changed your pants?

Leave a comment:

• Black
    replied
    Glad you're okay. Could have easily been a lot worse situation.

Leave a comment:

• ThAzKat
    replied
    I am glad to hear you are ok but grabing the rear brake is a very bad thing!!

Leave a comment:

• Lagmo
    replied
    I've had my Kat on the grass once, when i went wide in a turn. It's surprisingly steady on uneven ground(if you manage to keep it together and don't freak out).

Your experience does sound like a hair-raiser though, glad you're ok

On a side note: Three local teens got in an car accident 3 days ago here, one seriously injured(the driver), one dead, the girl who was riding in the back got off with the shock and a small scratch on the arm.

I knew the kid who died and the driver, they used to come around all the time to have their scooters fixed/buying parts at my dads workshop.
    That was before they got their license...
    and their parents agreed to loan them money for a 150mph car... and the insurrance...and the people at the party they where at that let them drive drunk...

Worst part is i've had my own 'Offroad Experience' in exactly the same spot a few years back

That was on the old CZ 185 though(sidestand jerked loose and hit the pavement in the turn)and all i did was hit the ploughed field and bend up the frontend.
    Got off with a twisted ankle but the experience stays with me still.

Dunno if i have a point? Just ride safe, learn from dearly bought experiences and watch out for drunken/cell phone/generally mad cagers

Leave a comment:

• KnightRider
    replied
    Thanks guys. Yeah......this was WAY to close for comfort. I will be taking backroads for a little while, that just scared the SHIAT out of me. I went back to see my tracks......I will try to get some pictures of the off-road excursion.

Leave a comment:

• The CyberPoet
    replied
    Re: Extremely close call.....ALMOST went down.

Originally posted by KnightRider
    EBC HH pads... Since I wasn't used to the new pads reaction to my grabbing at the brakes hard..
    Yup. It's a world of difference, isn't it?

Glad you're ok.

Just be careful if you ride someone else's bike -- you never know what their brakes are like at first (could be miserable or way too sharp).

Cheers
    =-= The CyberPoet

Leave a comment:

• WildKat
    replied
    Nice save ! and lesson well learned fortunately w/out injury or damage. Ive had instances of riding on roads every day, and now and then something happens that makes you realize you always need to be on your toes.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X