X

No start...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No start...

Okay so now we have another 8" of snow, but the other day it was 45f and i went to start up my bike, and no luck. she would turn over but no start. a couple of times i heard something in the engine "engage" and i just heard a knock, and then i would have to take my finger off the push start to try again.

I did not remove the gas before the winter sit
    I have not yet checked the plugs.

also what is this bronze colored push rod thing? this pic was taken from the left side.

thats the choke on carb#1 attached to the choke rail (silver thing) which open all 4 chokes at the same time

Comment

is it something i should use? i thought it might be for something like that so i pulled on it a couple times and the spring would pull it right back in

Comment

If your cables is broke then u can manually choke it by holding it out.
        Must read for carb tuners......http://www.factorypro.com/tech/tech_...m_engines.html

Comment

Oh wow.. um.. Yes, to start the bike if it's been sitting for any length of time, it ussually needs some help with the choke. The lever you should be using is on the left handle bar pod... pull back towards you to engage. Don't run the bike once it starts for very long with the choke on.

I would suggest reading the owner's manual, or downloading a copy if you don't have one and reading up on it if you were not familiar with this.

Krey
          93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

i'm not that stupid i tried the choke... i just didn't know their was another way to use it.

Comment

Your battery may be almost dead. Did the engine turn over easily or did the starter just give a few turns and stop?

Comment

Working...
              X