X

painting tire tread???

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• painting tire tread???

was wondering what some of you guys think about doing this Here my fridn did it to his R1 but with blue and looked pretty cool, but what do you think about the yellow ?
    " The key to Immortality., is first living a life worth remembering." -St Augustine

Are you gonna do the front also?, personaly I don't think I would have the patience to do it. I like the tire all black.
    R.I.P. Marc (CyberPoet)

Comment

Personaly I don't care for it.

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

ya im going to do front and back. i like it caause its different
        " The key to Immortality., is first living a life worth remembering." -St Augustine

Comment

Ive seen that before.. eh, not sure if I like it, but its not bad..
          wouldnt it be easier though to just go w/ a set of these?

Comment

Originally posted by WildKat
            I had considered getting a set of those when they first showed up to match the bike, but then they got horribly slammed in a tire comparo (rated a 38/100, compared to the diablo's at 99 and the metzelers at 98, even though they were a retread on a similar carcass). I don't know if we have that tire review posted up here, but there was a link for it at KP back when...

I suspect the problem is the aircraft rubber they're using -- it's great for straight-line work, but probably has radically different properties than newer-generation street tires when it comes to lateral stresses and handling.

Cheers
            =-= The CyberPoet
            Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

i dont likethe tread being done but i like the raised colored letters

Comment

Originally posted by The CyberPoet
                I had considered getting a set of those when they first showed up to match the bike, but then they got horribly slammed in a tire comparo (rated a 38/100, compared to the diablo's at 99 and the metzelers at 98, even though they were a retread on a similar carcass). I don't know if we have that tire review posted up here, but there was a link for it at KP back when...

I suspect the problem is the aircraft rubber they're using -- it's great for straight-line work, but probably has radically different properties than newer-generation street tires when it comes to lateral stresses and handling.

Cheers
                =-= The CyberPoet
                If you happend to still have that review anywhere, I'd be interested in reading it.

Comment

If you happend to still have that review anywhere, I'd be interested in reading it.
                  I didn't download it, but it was an MCN Tire Review special that someone had bothered to scan to a website.

Cheers
                  =-= The CyberPoet
                  Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

I didn't download it, but it was an MCN Tire Review special that someone had bothered to scan to a website other than MCN's.
                    MCN is http://www.motorcyclenews.com/

Ah, a bit of searching yielded a later version of the same MCN test (where the tomahawk now scored 58/100 and the diablo a 95/100):

Cheers
                    =-= The CyberPoet
                    Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Just what I heard about the Tomahawk tires, the colored ones that WildKat has above, is that they are too hard...great for burnouts but suck in the turns..the material that they make them out of is just too hard and never really sticks to the road...I read a review in Super Streetbike...per their review on an Aprilia Mille:
                      "...company claims the tires are speed-rated up to 225 mph, the tread compound isn't quite up to modern performance standards....these suckers are hard-which makes cornering, stoppies, and anything requiring even a small amount of quality feedback from the contact patch nearly impossible...if you are into burnouts, these babies are hard enough to blow smokies longer than a Rastafarian on Bob Marley's birthday..."

As for coloring the tread I guess it all depends on what the tread looks like...in the pic that was posted it looks cool but I don't think the tires I have would look good with that...it's a personal preference...If you like it that's all that matters...
                      Good judgement comes from experience, and often experience comes from Bad Judgement :smt084
                      Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com
                      Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to Register

nah nah nah nah nah nah JAX! (special thnx to sexwax)

Comment

well i got metzeler z6's which dont have nearly as much tread pattern...so i think it will look pretty cool

Comment

No me Gusta.
                          Kan-O-Gixxer!
                          -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
                          -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
                          -Ohlins Susupension
                          -Various Other Mods

Comment

Working...
                          X