X

And the modding begins!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And the modding begins!

I bought my bike used last year, and when I got it, there was already a D&D slip-on and the shovel was chopped off. But now, since I've scrapped up the bike a bit, I wanna start fixing it up a little to make it look nicer and make it more 'mine.'

I just ordered a Sportech blue-chrome windscreen (which should get here by next weekend) to replace my ugly stock windscreen. That alone will drastically improve the looks I think.

I'm also going to try to find some mesh wire so I can do the mesh mod this weekend, and get rid of the stickers at the same time.

I'm so excited!
    Keep the rubber side down!

all the way man, leave it nice. Take some pictures when your done.
    Tito "Every day I get up and look through the Forbes list of the richest people in America. If I'm not there, I go to work."

Comment

Remember to use a glue that is able to withstand alot of heat. Alot of us used the JB Weld. I started with a glue gun, but it melted from the engine heat. Good Luck!!

Comment

and get some smoked front sigs while you're at it. just in case u dont know www.clearalternatives.com
        Hello World.

Comment

I dunno if I want smoked or clear, but I want something different sometime.

Comment

Look out. The mod bug is coming. Enjoy.
            Bike is sold

Comment

can some one lead me to the mesh mod install, and what mesh to get and where

Comment

I hope this helps man:

Tito "Every day I get up and look through the Forbes list of the richest people in America. If I'm not there, I go to work."

Comment

thanks allot....

Comment

Here's the start! I've got fresh glue on the mesh (gutter guard) letting it dry in my living room floor.

I plan on putting them back on the bike in the morning.

Oh yeah..the stickers are gone, too. Turns out on the left side where I crashed it, most of the damage was to the sticker. Pics of that to come in the morning.

Comment

You'll love the mesh mod once u put the plastics back on. It looks awesome! I love those cheap cool mods like that.

Comment

Got the plastics back on this morning...I love it!

And here's a pic of the actual fairing damage...

More pics can be found here.

Comment

My windscreen is coming today! I'll probably get it on tonight when I get home...

My next change will probably be signals from clearalternatives. I still don't know if I want smoked or clear though.

I've got the mod bug. But I don't have the $$$ to support it. Maybe I'll get a pay raise...

..edit..

It's here...

Comment

Working...
                          X