X

Cost of switching to a 4 in 1 exhaust

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cost of switching to a 4 in 1 exhaust

Hey guys. Starting the mods on a 96 Kat 600. Exhaust first! How much am I looking at to turn the stock dual exhaust into a 4 and 1. It will be going to a mechanic as I have no where near the skill to do it myself. Also whats a good brand on the exhaust that won't kill me in the posketbook but has a good sound?
    Chase

How loud do you want it to be?
    Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

Not GSXR loud but something decent. I like the Yosh sound but not the Yosh price
      Chase

Comment

I had a Vance & Hines 4 into 1. Found it on Ebay for $ 225.00. The sound is loud but high-pitched. It screamed when you got on it.
        ~ Lisa
        2005 CBR 600RR (nicely modified)
        2005 CBR 600RR Track Toy "Frank"

My motorcycle, my dogs (Piper & Capone - the Pet Bulls) and a cold beer ... what more could a girl ask for???

www.austinsbr.com and www.txsbr.com

Comment

For the full exhaust itself, you're looking at 400-500 dollars with your best options being the V&H SS2R or a Yosh system. Then you gotta rejet your carbs which will be around 100-200 bucks preferebly from Ivan. This is of course if you do it yourself, which I would highly reccomend, since working on your own bike is cheaper and more rewarding...

of course this is the 'brand new' way

I would look for used stuff, especially exhausts....

or, if you're handy, get a Post 98 exhaust header and modify it to fit your oil pan, and get a slip on.

Comment

Working...
          X