Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Anything we can do about the Pre98 headlight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anything we can do about the Pre98 headlight?

I love the Katana. Everything about it...except the headlight. It was the only downfall I saw when purchasing the bike. I figured, "I'll think up something".
    But now after thinking on it for weeks,and playing around on MS Paint, I'm completely blank. The Gixxer conversion was sweet, but definitely out of my budget for this bike. (My plan was to not spend too much on my first bike).

Is there ANYTHING we Pre98 Kat owners can do to catch the headlight up to times? Are there any other headlights that "almost" fit, with minimal body work? Any films or vinyl to make it look better, while still seeing well at night?

Thanks,
    Sam

What's with the Gixxer conversion? Haven't heard of it, but the early Gixxer's lights do look like they ALMOST will fit...
    My first aid kit comes with lights and siren

But sir, we are Navy SEALs, we are supposed to be surrounded...

Comment

I've seen some translucent film in the catalogs. Check Dennis Kirk or Chapparral.

Comment

I don't have a problem with it .
        I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

I put a blue bulb in mine. It kind of makes it look blue even when it's off. I guess I don't really know what you're trying to change? The whole deal, or the color or what?
          2002 R1
          Yoshi TRS exhaust, Undertail, Ohlins Steering Stabilizer, Dark Windshield, Frame Sliders.

Comment

A guy down at the track took his headlight out altogether, glassed over the hole, and made a couple cutouts to fit 2 fog/driving lights in the front. Don't know if that's what you're after, but it's an idea.
            Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

I know exactly what you mean. My bike is black and I wanted to cover it with this stuff...

Well they don't offer it in black and I didn't want to spray paint the material, so back to square one. Don't get me wrong, I love my bike. The sides and ass look great, especially since I have the 600 rear that comes up to a point, but the front has never really appealed to me. Makes it look like those Kawalski concours bikes or whatever. Everything about it looks sporty, then you see the front and it seems like it needs bags on the rear to complete the look. Oh yeah, also this is just my opinion, I'm sure many like it.
              '01 TL1000R

Comment

I use a super blue sylvania and it is fine.
                TDA Racing/Motorsports
                1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
                Who knows what is next?
                Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
                Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

Originally posted by wilson1
                  I guess I don't really know what you're trying to change? The whole deal, or the color or what?
                  I think what he's talking about is the appearance of the front end with the pre98 headlight, not it's performance. I've always pretty much felt the same way. But on that note, I do have a Sylvania Silverstar bulb and it is AWESOME
                  '01 TL1000R

Comment

The look is a standard, IMO, the Kawi's have the same headlight look on them during those years and still use it on some of the smaller bikes, like the 250
                    TDA Racing/Motorsports
                    1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
                    Who knows what is next?
                    Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
                    Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

If anyone was in the Sacramento, CA area and willing to bring their bike over a couple times for molding and fitting, I'd be willing to give making something new a shot (I'd use mine but go figure, it's not stock anymore)

Comment

Yes, I was talking about the shape and overall look of the front headlight. I looked at the site where you cover it with the tape, but that's def. not a pre98 Kat in the picture. I've thought about getting some vinyl (like a windshield sticker for a car) and changing the shape a bit. Night vision is a big deal to be, but so is daytime appeal of the front end.

Comment

I'm starting to think about this: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...category=35598

Comment

When I first got my Kat I thought about changing it also but the more I looked at it, it grew on me and wouldn't change it for anything.
                            Know your means and then ride within them.

Comment

Working...
                            X