X

Badges

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Badges

I see some of you took off your "Katana" badge and replaced it with a "GSFX". I think it looks great! Is it easy to do? When you take off the Katana one, is it noticeable and forces you to repaint?

Thanks!

No. Use a heat gun or blow dryer to warm them up a little. Then u can use some wax to remove the rest of the glue or some sticker remover product.
    I removed mine after 2 years and there was no difference.
    www.photobucket.com/albums/y152/rotary13b/

Comment

The raised Katana emblems are a bitch to get off. I had no fingertips for a few days. I used a hairdryer to help get them off and then goo gone to get the residue glue off. I managed to do it without breaking them but chances are they will break. I did not have to repaint. Red is the easiest colour to fade so there is slight discolouration initially but it's hidden by the new emblems...plus the fading evens out shortly.
      Suzuki Katana: The best underated motersicle in da woild

Comment

a hair dryer and kite string is a must to remove the old Katana emblems. Check out Lou's thread about how to paint and see how it should and should not be done LOL
        TDA Racing/Motorsports
        1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
        Who knows what is next?
        Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
        Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

Those stock kat emblems are indeed a biatch to get off. it took my wife and I 3 hours of elbow grease, 1 1/2 bottles of goo gone, and a hairdryer to get them completely gone.

Comment

Man, some stuff is hard to find...

Anyone have a link to a site that sells GSFX decals/stickers or badges? I'd be happy with just decals.

Comment

How much are the the raised GSX-F logos to obtain from Europe?...

Comment

I used OOPS to remove sticker residue (Walmart ~$3). It worked great, but it will melt plastic if you leave it on too long. Using it to clean is not a problem, but do not leave a rag soaked in the stuff on your fairing then go away for an hour.

Comment

i would also like to know where to get the badges. i want to change them to GSXF. i did find one guy that sells a whole set for like 26.00 he is in Germany i think. would like to get some local, in the states if possible.

i have a 2001 and took off the "600" on the tail, looks a lot cleaner. was not that but to take off and no change on color.

Comment

Originally posted by theKM
                    How much are the the raised GSX-F logos to obtain from Europe?...
                    This should answear your question.

Tokalosh

Comment

After almost losing my fingernails I used dental floss.
                      Bike is sold

Comment

I want to know..the people that remove the raised Katana emblems..what do you do with them after you remove them? Can they be reused?
                        Good judgement comes from experience, and often experience comes from Bad Judgement :smt084
                        Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com
                        Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to Register

nah nah nah nah nah nah JAX! (special thnx to sexwax)

Comment

Originally posted by Jax
                          I want to know..the people that remove the raised Katana emblems..what do you do with them after you remove them? Can they be reused?
                          Mine cracked.
                          Bike is sold

Comment

I don't think so man. You're not going to be able to take them off in one piece.
                            Tito "Every day I get up and look through the Forbes list of the richest people in America. If I'm not there, I go to work."

Comment

Try this link: http://www.tapeworks.com/SUZUKI%20Lo...etsCustom.html
                              "You're going to learn to dicipline your image. You think I got where I am today because I dressed like Peter Pan here? Take a look at what I'm wearing people. You think anyone wants a roundhouse kick to the face while I'm wearing these bad boys? Forget about it."

Comment

Working...
                              X