X

How come Kats get bad mouthed?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How come Kats get bad mouthed?

i have been reading a lot of motorcycle sights, and how come the kat is allways getting bashed. i like my bike, has good looks and resonable priced. So what gives?

It's not a true sportbike, although in a lot of cases it can keep up with the true sportbikes pretty well. They just don't like it 'cause it's not a gixxer or a CBR...
    Keep the rubber side down!

Comment

mostly because it's heavier than the others and not as fast. Plus a lot of people say they are ugly, which I don't understand at all. I love mine & plan on keeping it for a long time. Screw the others!!!
      > Vince <

05 Katana 600
      97 Mustang GT
      95 GMC K2500 4x4

Comment

Yeah, i have one guy here at work with a yamaha yzf, and all I ever hear about is my "can of tuna". I finally told him the other day, like it or not, I still have a cycle, a good looking one, that runs well and can keep up with a lot of todays sportier bikes. I told him that's a lot more then most people can say. At least we have a cycle, who cares what people say, screw em all!!!!!!!

Comment

It has a lot to do with excessive muscle cramping on those other bikes. Cuts off the flow of blood to the brain and makes people cranky.

Some of it has to do with the idea that since the Katana was designed using older technology, that it's antiquated and can't keep up. In a real world scenario, my Kat does everything I ask it to, and goes faster than I'm ever gonna realistically take it. I just don't give a damn if my bike will go 150 mph. It'll do 70-75 all day long, and I'll most likely be a hell of a lot more comfortable at the end of the day. AND it's damned entertaining in the corners, to boot, not to mention it cost THOUSANDS of dollars less than the closest 600 race replica. Yep, it's heavy and doesn't pull up the front wheel with any great ease. Those are ADVANTAGES to me, and two of the many reasons why I bought the bike.

Derrikd, don't worry about what others say about the Kat (except for us on this forum). It's usually based on uneducated opinion. If you like your bike, that's all that matters. Ride the snot out of your bike and shame your detractors in the twisties on the next ride!
          2005 Red Katana 600!

How y'all mom n' 'em?

Comment

The guys I ride with love my KAT. They ride older Zx7's and ZX9. I ride with people that have the CBR's Gixxers and R1's and 6's. They like the fact it is different and can not get over that it is a 1989 bike. They are like no it is newer than that. I then show them the vin plate where it says the date made is 12/88. So it is all who is around you at the time. I have had one person call mine a can of tuna and he is a friend and was joking but he knows I can stil hang with him. You need to show your buddies what a Katana can do. Show them my videos, show them the pics of a katana on the track. Who was that that was on KP that raced his Katana? The katana can will do everything the SS bikes will and you will not be as tired as they are at the end of the day.
            www.mopowersports.com

Comment

dude, only squids down other people's rides. forget'm
              Hello World.

Comment

Re: How come Kats get bad mouthed?

Originally posted by Derrikd
                i have been reading a lot of motorcycle sights, and how come the kat is allways getting bashed. i like my bike, has good looks and resonable priced. So what gives?
                not all kats. some of them are respected. it is only the 600 and 750's that get all the crap.
                I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

Re: How come Kats get bad mouthed?

Originally posted by Mojoe
                  Originally posted by Derrikd
                  not all kats. some of them are respected. it is only the 600 and 750's that get all the crap.
                  Tru Dat!

You'll get those comments from Posers and Wana be's. Who cares what they think. Anyone can go fast in a straight line, lets see what they can do on the corners.

Besides, I rather be comfortable and able to actually RIDE my bike all day rather than ride for a hour and get sore and cramped.
                  Kan-O-Gixxer!
                  -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
                  -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
                  -Ohlins Susupension
                  -Various Other Mods

Comment

Yeah I shut down another n00b the other night on a late model Gix 600. All hail the mighty 771 Kat!

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Clean
                      Yeah I shut down another n00b the other night on a late model Gix 600. All hail the mighty 771 Kat!
                      I can't wait to get my plastics back on so people know that I have a Katana so I can spank me some Noobs. They'll never know there's a 1100 hiding under there
                      Kan-O-Gixxer!
                      -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
                      -Ohlins Susupension
                      -Various Other Mods

Comment

Keep your 600 badges on like I did. I love the look of hurt and fear on a n00b's face when I smoke his pretty little 600 race replica.

Comment

Keep your 600 badges on like I did. I love the look of hurt and fear on a n00b's face when I smoke his pretty little 600 race replica.
                          lol

Decisions, Decisions....
                          Kan-O-Gixxer!
                          -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
                          -Ohlins Susupension
                          -Various Other Mods

Comment

wth, anyone badmouthing a Kat deserves to dump their bike cause they got too much dough

Mine cost me like ~8000$ USD(aprrox.) and it's the sweetest thing i ever owned.
                            A Gixxer, R1 or ZX12 will set you back some 25.000$ around here.. so NOONE will rag on a GSXF, infact i keep getting comments from anyone who rides it, on how great a bike it actually is
                            Overall it's still considered a pretty awesome bike in these parts, i mean compared to my Dads old 78' Kawa Z900 it's just not a contest

Besides i'm putting in a bandit 1200 engine with a few mods come winter(just found out that it's a 'legal' mod to do hee hee ), just incase anyone tries to diss it hehe
                            -= Har du styr på lortet, eller lort på styret? =-

Comment

I hear that.
                              1995 GSX-R 750W (Barney Bike - Street)
                              2004 GSX-R 600 (Race Bike) - Powered by MoPowerSports.com
                              Certified Addicted Racing/Trackday Monkey & Gixxer Fixxer // WERA West #224

Comment

Working...
                              X