No announcement yet.
X

How come Kats get bad mouthed?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

when i went with my friend to get him a bike at local dealer , he had mention during the conversation that i had a katana. So the guy looks at me , points towards the other bikes on the floor , and asks " You ready for a REAL bike now ? " I said " if you mean a real bike as in , hurts my back and ass after riding for 1hr or costs $4K more than mine did. A bike that can wheelie way too easy for me considering my bike, now , can accelerate almost as fast and not even bring the wheel up. No thanks" I know in his mind he was thinking PUSSY!!. lol who cares.
    " The key to Immortality., is first living a life worth remembering." -St Augustine

Comment

+1 HS2020
      www.photobucket.com/albums/y152/rotary13b/

Comment

Re: How come Kats get bad mouthed?

Originally posted by Derrikd
        i have been reading a lot of motorcycle sights, and how come the kat is allways getting bashed. i like my bike, has good looks and resonable priced. So what gives?
        Thats really that matters.. u like it, and everybody else can kiss ur arse!!

Comment

thanks, guys. i do love the bike. it is fun and comfortable, and yea the price. i was at the local suzuki and there was a 2001 gsxr600, for 8200.00, i have an 01 kat and paid 3500.00, 3000 miles, and clean, like 2 or 3 small paint chips, which you can not see if you do not look hard. i also thinks it looks good. i would love to put a 1100cc in it. any local chicagoland people that have a motor and help me do it i'm in. that would be awsome...

Comment

i like my bike, has good looks and resonable priced. So what gives?
            Nothing, ignore those who don't like it, as you stated, it's your bike and you like it, that's all that matters.

Comment

Bottom line is this:

The Katana has ALWAYS been a budget sport bike with older technology. A parts bin bike so to speak. It looks cool and is cheaper to purchase, so it tends to be popular with newer riders, IE. ...Squids. From that, you can see how others, in their infinite wisdom, talk bad about the Katana. You know, the "My bike is WAYYYYY better than that!".

Now, it does not matter that maybe some of us actually KNOW how to ride and can pass their slow azz on the inside OR outside of most any corner because of it. What matters is the fact that no matter what, from a technological standpoint, the Katana is an inferior bike.

I just LOVE it when I pass an R1CBRGixxerYXF in a set of twisties. Most of the guys look at the bike with a bit more respect, but more than anything, they realize that a good rider on a slower bike can STILL be faster than a poor rider on a faster bike. That is when they start waking up and opening their eyes. I can't begin to count the times I have personaly caused that to happen, and I enjoy it every time

When am I gonna step up to a REAL bike? Screw that. When are you gonna learn how to RIDE yours!
              Ron
              MSgt, USMC (Retired)

Comment

When am I gonna step up to a REAL bike? Screw that. When are you gonna learn how to RIDE yours!
                Right on Ron !!!

Comment

I bought mine from a guy who had completely replaced the farings from a drop in his garage. With no decals on it and just a flat yellow paint I was standing by it and smoking when someone asked me if it was a Ducati! The guys I went riding with that day though ride a 600 cbr f4I and a gsxr 600, both brand new. I dusted them both in the straights and destroyed them in the corners. They are newbies for the most part, but it still felt good.
                  Chase

Comment

Originally posted by meanstrk
                    Well said. Personally I know the Kat is no where the best bike out there. It uses dated technology and is heavy, but until I think I have hit the limit of the bike I doubt I will get a new one just for performance reasons. Afterall why pay for performance that I can't tap into.

Comment

Originally posted by WildKat
                      Right on Ron !!!
                      Thank you, thank you, I'll be here all day
                      Ron
                      MSgt, USMC (Retired)

Comment

Ride what's right for you.

Comment

The way I see it, there's no pride in being faster than a ZX636 if you're riding, say, an R1. However, if you can whoop somebody on a new supersport, on a Kat, then you're accomplishing something!
                          Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

Re: How come Kats get bad mouthed?

how come the kat is allways getting bashed.
                            Consider the source. You won't hear a standard, Goldwing or BMW rider talking trash, nor will you hear a HD rider badmouth a Katana (general "rice" comments not-withstanding). Trash talk comes from hard guys on race replicas and other "fast bikes". There is no shortage of hardguys/posers that use their bike as an extension of their manhood.

I bought my bike to make me grin and 3 years later, it still does. I could give a rats behind what somebody thinks of me, my bike, my car, my dog, my shirt, my cell phone, my helmet or whatever it is they have that makes them cooler. I grew beyond that level of maturity in high school.

Riding is not about acceptance or conformity for me. I'm grinning before I hit 40mph or take the first turn. "If I have to explain why, you wouldn't understand anyhow."

--------------
                            Yes, it's older technology that is built to a price point. Ride a high end bike like a Busa or Blackbird and the first thing you'll likely notice is the front shocks on Katanas suck. So what? They hold my ass to the road (even at 2x + the posted speed limit on stock sport-touring tires) and I don't, for one second, kid myself into thinking I have more skills than the machine has capabilities.
                            Matt

If you think you don't need a helmet, you probably don't.

Comment

thanks, guys. i do love the bike. it is fun and comfortable...
                              Here's the rub for me. I can ride my Katana almost as long as my friends can ride their VFRs and Concours. Not quite, at least in comfort, but almost. On a Gixxer or R6?? Fuhgedaboutit (to borrow a favorite bronx cheer...). So what do you want your bike for?

The joke is I'll race anyone's gixxer 600. They'll beat me across town. I'll beat them across the state 8)
                              My first aid kit comes with lights and siren

But sir, we are Navy SEALs, we are supposed to be surrounded...

Comment

i do not want anything, like i said i love it, looks comfort...ect...

i just wanted to know why people bash the bike, cuz i really do like, it this is why i asked... i get compliments on it all the time. but then there are some of those people out there that bash any thing i guess.

Comment

Working...
                                X