X

Green Light Trigger (electro-magnet)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Green Light Trigger (electro-magnet)

i was wondering if anyone has used one of these?? and if it worked well?

STAY AWAY FROM IT! its a POS. get an earth magnet(i think thats what its called) from a science store and you'll get the same if not better results with 1/3 of what you'll pay for the greenlight trigger nothing my arse. just my $.02
    PAUL
    93 GSXF6 PIX.

"Opinions are like A$$holes, Everybody has one"

Comment

Originally posted by seqx34
      STAY AWAY FROM IT! its a POS. get an earth magnet(i think thats what its called) from a science store and you'll get the same if not better results with 1/3 of what you'll pay for the greenlight trigger nothing my arse. just my $.02
      +1 on that.

Or just run the red lights
      Kan-O-Gixxer!
      -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
      -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
      -Ohlins Susupension
      -Various Other Mods

Comment

Snake oil... in many states, it's legal for a motorcycle to run a red light if you've waited a reasonable amount of time (a full cycle is my assumption) - and the light seems to be "stuck". But this does require use of good judgement (don't pull out into heavy traffic).

Comment

I've done this and it works...for all the computer junkies out there....take an old hard drive...preferably not working...crack off the case...basically tear it apart...now the reader arm has two very strong magnets...they are mounted, via some type of glue to two brackets that hold the reader arm in place..the top bracket can be ripped out....then slowly pry off the magnet..the bottom bracket is harder to remove so only pry off the magnet...Place magnets under bike...i have mine attached to the exhaust..no additional tape, glue or adhesive necessary...With this you should be able to set off 80% of the lights out there...I've tested it and it works....try it all you have to lose is that broken hard drive you have sitting in the cabinet...
          Good judgement comes from experience, and often experience comes from Bad Judgement :smt084
          Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com
          Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to Register

nah nah nah nah nah nah JAX! (special thnx to sexwax)

Comment

I've gotten stuck at red lights before, at night when nobody is out and I sat there forever. One vivid time I remember was sitting at a light for 15 minutes and there was a cop on the other side of the intersection. Finally a car came in the other lane and tripped the light.. I should have asked that cop at that time ifI could have gone.

Since then, Ive talked to a couple cop friends of mine and they said, if you wait and the light won't trip and you check carefully and then proceed and a cop pulled u over for a ticket, I could easily get out of it in court.

Comment

Originally posted by WildKat
              I've gotten stuck at red lights before, at night when nobody is out and I sat there forever. One vivid time I remember was sitting at a light for 15 minutes and there was a cop on the other side of the intersection. Finally a car came in the other lane and tripped the light.. I should have asked that cop at that time ifI could have gone.
              This is why i'm glad i live in a town that doesn't even have a traffic light...

Comment

Originally posted by tracert
                This is why i'm glad i live in a town that doesn't even have a traffic light...
                Same here. Lots of curvy roads, too.

Here in TN it's legal for a motorcycle to run a red light if the rider shows 'due diligence'. Basically we wait for one or two cycles, and if we never get a green we're free to go as long as it's safe.
                Keep the rubber side down!

Comment

I was sitting at a left turn the other day on the by-pass outside of town for probably 5 or 6 minutes trying to figure out what I should do. Was REALLY considering running it. But, a hiway patrol ended up seeing me sitting there, and turned a few times to end up behind me and set it off.

I wondered if there was SOMETHING that I could use to make them go off. I will have to try the hard-drive thing. Is it better to use like an acient hard drive that weighs a crap load, or a new one?

TJ
                  2002 R1
                  Yoshi TRS exhaust, Undertail, Ohlins Steering Stabilizer, Dark Windshield, Frame Sliders.

Comment

This happened to me for the first time late the other night. I waited through 2 cycles then proceeded through the light. Our instructors suggested doing it this way in the MSF course.

Comment

ok, look at it this way... where's the harm in having one of these relatively cheap devices stuck inconspicuously to the bottom of your bike?... none?... right.

Comment

Originally posted by theKM
                        ok, look at it this way... where's the harm in having one of these relatively cheap devices stuck inconspicuously to the bottom of your bike?... none?... right.
                        if by cheap you mean $2 or $3, then yeah go for it. but for $15 - its a rip-off. all we are trying to do is you some money that could be used for something else (like gas, so you can keep riding all day long ) but its your $$$ so do what cha want with it! just my $.02
                        PAUL
                        93 GSXF6 PIX.

"Opinions are like A$$holes, Everybody has one"

Comment

use a magnet off of a speaker. the bigger the better i guess...unless u care about adding weight to your bike. all it is, is a magnet.
                          Hello World.

Comment

Just thought I'd throw this in for what it's worth.

Remembering back to physics class, when a magnet is heated to a certain temperature it loses its magnetic force, thus becoming useless. Would the bike build up enough heat to de-magnetize the magnet?
                            "Pleasant experiences make life enjoyable, painful experiences lead to growth" - cheap Chinese fortune cookie

Comment

I just put my sidestand down on the signal wire . Seems to work every time . Not real good in gear obviously , but maybe the centerstand would work , too .
                              I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Working...
                              X