X

... I got canned :(

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ... I got canned :(

So, I got laid off today. This really sucks, but I'm sure I'll find something else (everything happens for a reason). In the mean time I got my severance pay and my Kat
    Only a warrior chooses pacifism; others are condemned to it.

that sucks being forced to find a new job is never fun. i just got hired as an industrial painter. it sounds fishy though and im not sur ei like the hours m-f 4-12 at night. when i applyed they gave me a tour and said im hired. i dont even have experence. you guys think somethings up???

Comment

Might be something up. I've worked for this company for 3.5 years and this is the thanks I get. I love how a corporation EXPECTS at least two weeks notice for you to quit, but it's just fine and dandy for them to shaft you first thing Monday. I am still angsty about it ... damnit!
      Only a warrior chooses pacifism; others are condemned to it.

Comment

That really sux but look at it this way, you were looking for a job when you found this one, right. Good luck to you and you now can have the summer off LOL
        TDA Racing/Motorsports
        1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
        Who knows what is next?
        Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
        Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

I hope they gave you a good severance package. At my place of employment its 1 week of pay for every year you were employed.
          Visit www.knee-draggers.com And sign up now!

Comment

Can you collect unemployment in your area? My roomate was laid off a few summer ago. He just sat around and collected unemployment all summer. Sometimes worked at lke a bar or something for Cash, but for the most part he was just a bum. I was jealous.
            Kan-O-Gixxer!
            -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
            -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
            -Ohlins Susupension
            -Various Other Mods

Comment

Re: ... I got canned

Originally posted by Katana600Tao
              ...(everything happens for a reason)...
              Sorry to hear about you being laid off, but you have the right attitude. Every person that I know who was laid off ended up fiding something better in the end.

Comment

Originally posted by SweetLou
                He just sat around and collected unemployment all summer. Sometimes worked at lke a bar or something for Cash, but for the most part he was just a bum.
                And it's bums like that that make me hate paying taxes... Unemployment is supposed to be for people who *can't* find work..not for those who won't.

Sorry to hear about your job, Tao..I'm all for people collecting unemployment while they look for a new job, but don't listen to Lou...
                Keep the rubber side down!

Comment

...I love how a corporation EXPECTS at least two weeks notice for you to quit, but it's just fine and dandy for them to shaft you first thing Monday. I am still angsty about it ... damnit!
                  In jobs where a disgrunteled terminated employee can get back at his employer it is almost standard procedure to have the laid-off employees leave the premises right away (within hours), their desks may be locked when they come in to work, and they are never left unattended while still in the office.

This is quite standard in banks or brokerage firms where money can be taken, books messed up, or customer lists stolen.

Don't take it personally. The severance pay is the same whether you spend another few days there or not.

If you have time, read books about job searches from the library. This is also an opportunity to travel or pursue interests that you never had time for in your school years or while working.

Comment

Originally posted by lucky6man
                    that sucks being forced to find a new job is never fun. i just got hired as an industrial painter. it sounds fishy though and im not sur ei like the hours m-f 4-12 at night. when i applyed they gave me a tour and said im hired. i dont even have experence. you guys think somethings up???
                    If the paychecks don't bounce, saftey rules are followed, and you like the work, that's all that matters. You'll learn more about your employer after talking to co-workers. The job may not last forever, but no job does nowadays.

Comment

Re: ... I got canned

Originally posted by tzortn
                      ...(everything happens for a reason)...
                      Sorry to hear about you being laid off, but you have the right attitude. Every person that I know who was laid off ended up fiding something better in the end.
                      Hope so , because we (ALL of DHL @ the CVG hub) will be getting laid off in September . Kinda looking fowrad to it , actually . That place sucks . Anybody hiring ? I can fix bikes as long as they ain't TOO broken ...
                      I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

It might be cool to do something you love while you're looking for a new job. Who says you can't fix bikes for local people (or whatever interests you). A lot of businesses start this way; really small then spread by word of mouth. Maybe you can end up doing something you really love on your own time and live off of it.

Comment

Originally posted by midqetsex
                          It might be cool to do something you love while you're looking for a new job. Who says you can't fix bikes for local people (or whatever interests you). A lot of businesses start this way; really small then spread by word of mouth. Maybe you can end up doing something you really love on your own time and live off of it.
                          Like prostitution? That can be spread by mouth.
                          Kan-O-Gixxer!
                          -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
                          -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
                          -Ohlins Susupension
                          -Various Other Mods

Comment

So can alot of OTHER things related to prostitution .
                            I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

My company is up for sale too... we're hoping the CEO's will be able to band together and buy it out from the owner. Thats the plan they are working on, so we'll see..

Good luck bro, and yeah everything does happen for a reason.. so something better will be waiting for u at some point.

Comment

Working...
                              X