No announcement yet.
X

Wind kicking my ***!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think you just need to get used to it. Nothing prepares you for highway riding with wind, just practice. I rode 160 miles roundtrip highway every weekend for a year, I'm now more comfortable on the highway than on surface streets.
    90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
    I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
    Originally posted by soulless kaos
    but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Doesn't take much to move you around when you're at those speeds. When I first started riding I couldn't figure out how to keep the bike in line either. One day I was riding about 65 mph, getting blown all around, when I was passed by a pair of OHP bikes. They were riding comfortably just a couple feet apart in perfect formation, whereas I was down on the tank, fighting my kat. They even leaned into their exit ramp exactly parallel and in tandem. I am still a little baffled at that, but I'm sure it's reflective of the experience those guys have compared to me. Also, big heavy Harleys can't hurt stability!

I would check out everything mentioned above, especially thetable's recommendation regarding tire pressures!
      Originally posted by katanawarrior
      I keep coming here because of the smileys, really.

Comment

Working...
      X