X

Rider seat height

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rider seat height

Trying to do a comparison of seat heights and can't find info on pre's anywhere. Searched threee times no luck with actual numbers. Anyone know off the top of their head?
    You got nothin to lose Don't be afraid to get down

Comment

You looking for OEM seating height, or comparison between OEM and aftermarket?

OEM data can be scored where beherenow pointed you.
      If you're trying to compare aftermarket to OEM:
      Corbin - generally .5 - 1" lower at the rider's position on the Kats (custom pan, more supportive foam over a wider area, but the foam height is lower).
      Sergeant - generally .25 - 1" taller at the rider's position (typically .5" for standard fill, 1" typical for gel-inserts inclusive).
      Customs (Bill Meyer's, Rick Meyer's, etc.) - typically .5 inches taller than OEM because they use the OEM pan and more foam to "pillow" the seat more.

Cheers,
      =-= The CyberPoet

__________________________________________________ ________
      CyberPoet's Katana Maintence and Upgrade Parts Offerings
      The Best Metal Steel Aluminum Motorcycle Tire Valves in the World, plus lots of motorcycle & Katana (GSX600F / GSX750F) specific help files.
      Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Trying to do a seat comparison between different bikes. Got my bike for sale and a couple of the interested parties are females. They are concerned about height. Wanted to use other bikes to give them a baseline. I was able to find the other bikes just not the Kat.

Beherenow's link is good but only shows the 750. Is the seat height the same for the 600?
        You got nothin to lose Don't be afraid to get down

Comment

I don't have any numbers, I think they might be in my manuals at home actually...

Anyway, seat shape also determines if you can touch or not.

I could not flat foot my pre-750, but a post 600 was no problem. The seat on the 750 is much wider and flatter where the 600 seemed a lot rounder.

Just something else to consider. Nothing beats seat time.
          Last edited by ATOMonkey; 02-13-2009, 08:52 AM.

Comment

Beherenow's link is good but only shows the 750. Is the seat height the same for the 600?[/quote]

Click the link that says "click here for more suzuki models" and you will find info for the 600

Comment

Working...
            X