Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 85mph in a 30mph

HI guys,

I have good news and not so bad news :

A friend of mine test rode my bike and said the vibrations were normal. He also told me I should rev it more.

So on the way back home, around midnight , I reved it more : red lined in 3rd gear, to see how it is like.

Guess what : at that very moment , in the dark behind me , there was a police car . He stopped me and was REALLY cooooool so I got a warning for doing 40 in a 30 , he thought I was doing 60 instead, I think (I did checked the speedo) I was doing more like 85 ....

Is 85 what you get if you redline in the 3rd gear ?

Anyway,
    for doing 60 in a 30 I would have got a 275$ fine ( After I got the warning he asked me what is the fastest I ever been , I said 90 ( it's true) and he asked how fast I think I could have went, and I said 120....

I just read the topic about how fast you guys go, and I can't imagine myself going that fast with my 89 bike with an valve cover oil leak and all my vibrations.... Maybe one day when I will have a way newer bike but no way on this one.

Cheers

W.
    WittyMonkey
    ----------------------------------
    www.bostontechnologies.com

Um , BEFORE hitting red in SECOND I'm doing over 60 , of that I'm sure ....
    I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

I can hit 70 easliy in 1st gear. Yes I have peg my speedometer out a time or 2.

You are correct about not going fast with a valve cover leaking and the vibrations. I to had a valve cover leaking and it is the gasket. Cheap part easy fix unless you run into stripped out bolt holes.
      www.mopowersports.com

Comment

Yeah I'm about redlining at 80 in 2nd. 3rd should be over 100.

Comment

Valve cover leaks are easy to fix...... Unless you have a 1100 engine in your kat, because every time you want to take the Valve cover off, you have to drop the engine
          Kan-O-Gixxer!
          -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
          -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
          -Ohlins Susupension
          -Various Other Mods

Comment

Originally posted by AkBigN
            Yeah I'm about redlining at 80 in 2nd. 3rd should be over 100.
            +1 I think ever gear is plus 20 mph.
            Is Effingham a swear word?

Comment

Working...
            X