X

Parents, sheesh

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parents, sheesh

So I was discussing what I had to do to my kat to get it running with my father.

And I know my forks will need at least an oil change and was thinking of putting in racetech springs. But my seals seem to be alright for the time being. And I told him I was only planning on replacing the springs and oil for the time being due to time and money constraints.

Well when I told him what I wanted to do THIS weekend he told me to just do EVERYTHING at once. I had to laugh because I have far more to do than I can do in one weekend.

Freaking guy wants me to completely rebuild it in a weekend.

I still have to change my sprockets and chain, tires, clutch and choke cable, air filter, fuel lines, front rotors, brake fluid, fix my electrical problem, and clean my carbs and tank. Oh and do an oil and filter change.

I was only planning on cleaning the carbs and tank and doing an oil change this weekend. And if I could make a ghetto stand for it I would work on the rear end.
    Last edited by ADyingBreed; 02-11-2009, 02:11 PM.

Seems reasonable to me.....

My personal opinion is that if you're going to change the springs and the oil, you may as well change the seals, too. Think of how irritated you would be if in a month you noticed oil streaks on your forks....

As for the rest of the stuff, I agree..... if you're going to be doing anything that requires you to take the bodywork/tank/carbs off, you may as well do everything you need to while you're in there. You wouldn't consider dropping the transmission out of your car, changing the clutch disk, and then waiting until next weekend to take it out again and change the pressure plate, would you? I'd say get the tools out, plan on taking the whole weekend, and go to town on it.
    Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

Jeez, you youngsters today don't know the meaning of hard work!
      I remember back in the day I had to drive five miles a day to school and back... in the rain, program Mom's VCR and boot up the Atari, all while answering my pager.

Slacker!!!

Hey, LNL, where 'ya been?
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by loudnlow7484 View Post
        Seems reasonable to me.....

My personal opinion is that if you're going to change the springs and the oil, you may as well change the seals, too. Think of how irritated you would be if in a month you noticed oil streaks on your forks....

As for the rest of the stuff, I agree..... if you're going to be doing anything that requires you to take the bodywork/tank/carbs off, you may as well do everything you need to while you're in there. You wouldn't consider dropping the transmission out of your car, changing the clutch disk, and then waiting until next weekend to take it out again and change the pressure plate, would you? I'd say get the tools out, plan on taking the whole weekend, and go to town on it.
        its kinda hard to do everything when you dont have all the parts and dont have the money to get all the parts right now. i have to wait until next friday for that lol . thats why i am exacerbated by my father and his want for me to do everything this weekend, because if i start i want to finish not have to stop mid job because i have to sleep so i can go to work the next day or because i dont have the fuel lines or soemthing like that.

Comment

Originally posted by tdrcomm View Post
          I remember back in the day I had to drive five miles a day to school and back... in the rain, program Mom's VCR and boot up the Atari, all while answering my pager.

Slacker!!!

Do ya know how many times I had to reboot my Commodore C64's?
          THE DOC
          RIP MARC......Ride on in Heaven Brother!
          Experience is a wonderful thing. It enables you to recognize a
          mistake when you make it again.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DOCTORNITRO View Post

I feel 'ya!
            Kids these days... don't know how good they got it.

sigpic

Comment

Slacker!!!

got you beat. I drive 10 miles a day to work then school and back. program the universal remote everyday because its ****ty, deal with my macbooks ****tiness and its refusal to turn screen on when its opened and jack off all while smoking a bowl and talking to my bff in new york. thats committment.

Comment

Slacker!!!

In middle school I was riding my MOPED 5 miles each way to school and back, in rain, snow, anything..... Cleaning the tape-head on mom's answering machine, playing Duck Hunt until I got mad at the dog laughing at me, and answering my pager from pay-phones! All while wishing I was as cool as my dad, because he had a phone that he could use in his car! No no, not a built in car-phone, but a phone in a bag, with a gigantic antenna, that plugged into his cigarette lighter..... those were the days!

And I've been around. Finally done dealing with immigration here in Rio, so whenever Larissa's passport gets mailed to her, we can head back.
                Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

Originally posted by DOCTORNITRO View Post
                  You were lucky, I had a VIC-20. I watched the grass grow as my programs loaded off a cassette!
                  1995 Suzuki Katana GSX750F

Comment

Originally posted by 802er View Post
                    You were lucky, I had a VIC-20. I watched the grass grow as my programs loaded off a cassette!

^ FTW
                    THE DOC
                    RIP MARC......Ride on in Heaven Brother!
                    Experience is a wonderful thing. It enables you to recognize a
                    mistake when you make it again.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 802er View Post
                      God computer tape is so fail.

SO GODDAMN SLOW!

Thank god I don't directly deal with it even though I still have to wait for them to load up before I can process my client's tape files.

Comment

See if your dad wants to finance his recommendation...
                        -Izzy

"If you're gonna be a turd, go lay on the lawn."
                        -My wife

Comment

LOAD "*",8,1

In all seriousness, break the job apart and leave yourself plenty of extra time. When you're like me, you do end up getting everything done, but it's 11:30 at night and your SO is mad at you.
                          -Steve

sigpic
                          Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
                          Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Get back at your dad, see how he feels if say, he wants you to do everything this weekend but you don't have the money for parts, then tell him to give you a loan so you can get it done. I'm sure if your dad is like mine his reason for you getting it done this weekend is so you can get the eff out of his garage! Tell him if he's gonna rush you like that then he needs to help out...This being the reason when my dad told me I had to hurry up and get the eff out of the garage i said screw you I'm gettin the eff out of this house
                            "If you aint first, you're last"

Comment

Originally posted by steves View Post
                              LOAD "*",8,1

In all seriousness, break the job apart and leave yourself plenty of extra time. When you're like me, you do end up getting everything done, but it's 11:30 at night and your SO is mad at you.
                              yeah i was planning on breaking it up over the next three weekends. this weekend just happens to be carbs and clutch, and maybe finding the messed up fuse on my bike <- this one depends on how much alcohol i injest friday night lol.

next weekend would be the tires and sprockets. and the following weekend would be the forks and fine tuning everything. and since that weekend is also a 4 day weekend for me that would be my test run days

and of course the so cal meet is the following weekend. if i order all the parts now, everything should be done by then.

now if only i could fit doing homework and taxes in there somewhere

Comment

Working...
                              X