X

POLICE ???

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• POLICE ???

So I'm riding from work today around 6:30 P.M . I see a cop car 2 lanes over while I'm pulling towards a red light. Cop pulls besige me, gets out of the car , stands infront of my bike and asks me for my licence. We both pull over past the traffic lights , he spends about 5 minutes in his car and gives me back my papers.He comments on my plate that it is too much on an angel then he says: " I'm sorry for pulling u over like that but most bikes don't stop for me, and I just wanted to check your paper work". I still don't really know what was his reason for pulling me over?I think what he told me is just B.S., and he pulled me over because he just wanted to and he could. I never gave him any reason to do so.
    www.photobucket.com/albums/y152/rotary13b/

Sounds like your plate is at an angle.

I have no idea who you are or what your bike looks like, but what image are you portraying? Baggy jeans and a tank top?

"stunter gloves" and a helmet?

Loud pipe? Just cranking down the street a few minutes ago?

I dunno....just thinking out loud, I guess.

If we ever reach the point where we can't openly discuss riding bikes on acid without even a modicum of civility, then the terrorists have won.

HORSE BANG!!! ........props to *GP*

Official coefficient of friction test dummy

Comment

If u clik on the link below my post u will see my bike. I was wearing my jeans and my HJS jacket and the rest of the gear. I was coming to a stop light so my bike was at an idle. No engine braking, as I said I so the POPO from far.

Comment

And its HJC not HJS sorry

Comment

that cop obviously does not ride. sounds like he's been out ran before, not that i approve of that sort of thing. but he is gonna pull over what he can.

Pre 98's Rock!

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...&id=1593731870

http://www.myspace.com/bobbyma

Comment

Originally posted by rotary13b
            If u clik on the link below my post u will see my bike. I was wearing my jeans and my HJS jacket and the rest of the gear. I was coming to a stop light so my bike was at an idle. No engine braking, as I said I so the POPO from far.
            Ah...sorry. I just looked at your "profile".

Don't get me wrong, I'm not knocking you...I was just trying to give you ideas about what kind of image you might be putting out there.

...after looking at your bike (which looks really bad-arse), the image you might be putting out there is "really bad-arse".

If we ever reach the point where we can't openly discuss riding bikes on acid without even a modicum of civility, then the terrorists have won.

HORSE BANG!!! ........props to *GP*

Official coefficient of friction test dummy

Comment

Maybe he thought that was the only way he could get a good look at a fine example of a 1st Class Katana.

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

Etobicoke. Ont.

I think that may be part of the reason. According to this thread over at gtamotorcycle they're having a blitz

Kyle

Comment

If a cop wants to pull you over..he'll pull a reason out of thin air if he has too...

Comment

or it could be simply like he says....wanted to check you out. anyway, i am not the biggest fan of cops myself, but i do have respect for their position....the good ones at least, who chose the career for the right reasons. you should be kinda thankful, really. he didn't give you a ticket for anything, apologized for the way he pulled you over and explained why. and you can look at it this way....it could very well have been a thief who just jacked your bike that he stopped. that's what i tell myself when i get pulled over for a routine check. they just doing their job to make sure everything is cool. isn't it cool to know that there is cops like that around that take the time to check that the rider is the rightful owner of the bike? i bet you would if it was your bike that was stolen.
                    i don't know....that is just my way of looking at it.
                    I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

Just remind him to always physically check the VIN plate against the registration paperwork for every single motorcycle he pulls over -- that doing so will grealty cut down on motorcycle thefts. He'll usually appreciate the comment and the reminder might help some of our brethern to get their bikes back. I make it a point to ask every officer who ever stops me to do this with every bike they stop.

Cheers
                      =-= The CyberPoet
                      Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Originally posted by The CyberPoet
                        Just remind him to always physically check the VIN plate against the registration paperwork for every single motorcycle he pulls over -- that doing so will grealty cut down on motorcycle thefts. He'll usually appreciate the comment and the reminder might help some of our brethern to get their bikes back. I make it a point to ask every officer who ever stops me to do this with every bike they stop.

Cheers
                        =-= The CyberPoet
                        I have only had one cop ever check my serial number on my bike, and he did it by looking at the motor. i commented that the motor was easy enough to swap and he should check the frame. he just said the frame is a pita to check on alot of bikes with full fairings, so he checks the engine. if it is good there, he let's it go. if the motor doesn't match the registration, then he checks the frame.
                        they don't care if the engine doesn't match....motors get blown and replaced. it is the frame that counts.

Comment

Originally posted by Mojoe
                          I have only had one cop ever check my serial number on my bike, and he did it by looking at the motor. i commented that the motor was easy enough to swap and he should check the frame. he just said the frame is a pita to check on alot of bikes with full fairings, so he checks the engine. if it is good there, he let's it go. if the motor doesn't match the registration, then he checks the frame.
                          they don't care if the engine doesn't match....motors get blown and replaced. it is the frame that counts.
                          Florida registrations don't list a engine SN, just the frame VIN. Then again, we do have the highest theft rate in the USA in parts of this state.

Cheers
                          =-= The CyberPoet
                          Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

My reaction was similar to something Mojoe said; the cop could have been on the lookout for a stolen bike.

Either way, your bike looks very cool.

... and no ticket is always alright.

Comment

Originally posted by The CyberPoet
                              Originally posted by Mojoe
                              Florida registrations don't list a engine SN, just the frame VIN. Then again, we do have the highest theft rate in the USA in parts of this state.

Cheers
                              =-= The CyberPoet
                              quebec has the highest theft rate in north america....and if memory serves me right, the world. it was about a year ago that I learned this from the news. memory might be a little hazy, but it was broke down like this:

Highest Harley theft in the world. In fact, many insurance companies will insure you for everything available, except theft because it is too common. it is common knowledge that 99.9% of all stolen harleys end up in the hands off the hells angels, who either swap out serial numbers, or take the parts to build bikes called "artisians", which is the same as "home built". many of the bikes also end up overseas where there is a big market for them.

Sports bikes are quite high as well, but mainly for the parts to fix accidented bikes.

Cars definately hold the world record for theft. Unlike most of the US and Canada, cars are not written off as quickly by insurance companies. We are also the biggest importer in the world of accidented vehicles. In fact it has gotten so bad that it is effecting the sale of new vehicles and many dealers are fighting the policy of importing accidented vehicles. You can easily save 30-40% by buying a rebuilt vehicle over one that is in original condition. But there is risk involved in buying a vehicle like this. The theives are well organized and have connections in the government when it comes to getting them inspected. it was in the news not long ago that this is happening. inspectors are paid off to "ignore" mismatching numbers. I personally know a guy...a friend of my dads, who went and bought a Ford 3/4 ton for his retirement to pull his 5th wheel. The truck was a year old and was a repaired accidented vehicle. The truck had documentation that it had passed inspection. However, the "dealer" he bought it from was raided by the cops cuz of stolen vehicles. They went to all customers and checked the vehicles purchased. His had numerous stolen parts on it and they seized it. they even showed him pictures of the truck that was used for parts. the stolen truck was white. his was blue. they srctched the paint on his box and white paint was under it. he was out $25k. a total loss....no re-imbursement. he learned the hard way what can happen buying rebuilt vehicles.

what i just stated doesn't even come close to describing the theft of vehicles here. i would have to say that one in 10 people I know have had a vehicle stolen. just last summer someone tried to jack my brother's jeep grand cherokee, but his dogs alerted him and they took off. they got as far as getting his door open.

yup...it's bad here....real bad.

Comment

Working...
                              X