Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Catch-22 situation? Give a coworker a ride home?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Catch-22 situation? Give a coworker a ride home?

You're at work, you rode your bike of course, and you have no spare helmet. A co worker tells you that she thought her car would be done this afternoon from being at the garage but it turns out it won't be ready till tomorrow and she has no way home. Can't get ahold of her daughter to come get her and she can't walk home because she twisted her ankle pretty bad the other day and it hurts to walk very far.

What do you do? and yes this scenario happened to me today, or is happening as we speak since I dont get off work till 8pm (EST)..the coworker is cool, and has ridden before, but not in a long time.

Edit: 6:29pm.. Update..she was able to find a ride home w/ another coworker in a different dept. who leaves at the same time we do.

But anyways, would you have given her a ride home?
    Tell her sorry, I have no spare helmet..end of story, and leave right away after work.
    0.00%
    Give her your helmet and you go without since she lives about 2 miles from work
    100.00%
    Tell her you'll come back for her after u go home and get your spare lid ( you live 20 minutes away)
    0.00%
    Tell her you'll go home , get your car, and come back for her. (again remembering you live 20 minutes away and gas prices suck these days)
    0.00%

Up here it's illegal to not wear a lid so it's a little different for those of you with no helmet laws down in the states.

If you had a no helmet law you could go with out or she could, depending on who is willing to make the decision to go lid-less
    Kyle

Comment

Ride the bike to her house and pick up her car, drive back then she can drive you back to her house where you get back on your bike and ride home
      Her car is at the garage ( repair shop) still..sorry, probably should have specified the 2 were one in the same.

Comment

is she fine?

Pre 98's Rock!

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...&id=1593731870

http://www.myspace.com/bobbyma

Comment

She's got a great personality..

Comment

Run down to PepBoys, Kragen, TraxAuto (whatever), buy one of those cheap-arse "Raider" helmets and ride the little lady home.

(And I only say that AFTER reading the Motorcyclist Mag article on helmets)
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by WildKat
              She's got a great personality..
              personality goes a long way....

Pre 98's Rock!

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...&id=1593731870

http://www.myspace.com/bobbyma

Comment

Originally posted by tdrcomm
                Run down to PepBoys, Kragen, TraxAuto (whatever), buy one of those cheap-arse "Raider" helmets and ride the little lady home.

(And I only say that AFTER reading the Motorcyclist Mag article on helmets)
                +1
                Good judgement comes from experience, and often experience comes from Bad Judgement :smt084
                Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com
                Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to Register

nah nah nah nah nah nah JAX! (special thnx to sexwax)

Comment

it's only 2 miles.....a taxi wasn't an option?
                  I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

Rear cowl = no rear seat = no riders... EVER!

Comment

Originally posted by chriskatana
                      Rear cowl = no rear seat = no riders... EVER!
                      ...what you talking about, the rear cowl can turn into a sybian :tongueflap

Comment

if it's two miles, it's simply a black and white question, mirrored by: "do you want into her pants?"

...easy as that.

Comment

Thats the nice thing about helmet laws. Gotta have a lid. I would even if they would not make me. I make asherbugg wear gear to go anywhere on the bike. Even if it is close. cause guilt is a PIA.

Check out www.Atozhometheater.com

Comment

Originally posted by Rackovanz
                            Thats the nice thing about helmet laws. Gotta have a lid. I would even if they would not make me. I make asherbugg wear gear to go anywhere on the bike. Even if it is close. cause guilt is a PIA.
                            ...guilt is a PIA, and you should be manly enough to give her your own lid. Then you ride wary enough to keep your skull in one piece.

Comment

I guess she didnt want to call a cab cuz they take forever to arrive after you call them. And I busted off a clip on my cowl last week when I was taking it off so I had to wait for Jim to send me a new one, so the cowl wasnt on

That whole buying a spare helmet thing isnt such a bad idea. Those brain buckets are small enough to keep in my overhead cabinet at my desk too.

and chicks at work are always bugging to to take them for a ride too.. hhmmmm

Comment

Working...
                              X