on the lookout for a new bike

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ThAzKat
    replied
    the best thing to do is go to a rally or like honda hoot so you can test ride the demo's they have

Leave a comment:

• biker0099
    replied
    haha this is true. decisions decisions. i wish they did a 24 hour borrow program like GM. so i can see what i like best.

Leave a comment:

• ThAzKat
    replied
    In the perfect world you would have to have atleast 3 bikes for different types of riding. Or 365 different bikes for a year LOL

Leave a comment:

• stevnmd
    replied
    Unless you are going to be railing the twisties and rarely riding the highways, why would you want a supersport? The R1s are uncomfortable. The Gixxers are uncomfortable. The RRs are uncomfortable. ANY bike with low clip-ons and aggressive ergos will be uncomfortable...

If you slab it most of the time, I don't know why you'd even consider them...

Look at sport tourers... They are still PLENTY capable in the twisties (hense why they're SPORT tourers) and have oomph. Some (most) even have hard bag options so you can lug a lot of stuff around with you...

Leave a comment:

• WildKat
    replied
    If its got RR in the name, its not the most comfortable bike in the world..the performance is second to none, but they arent built w/ comfort as a top priority.

All the bikes Steve mentioned would be excellent choices indeed.

Leave a comment:

• biker0099
    replied
    everybody and their brother has a GSXR round these parts. the typical red/blue/white color scheme.

Leave a comment:

• rotary13b
    replied
    My cuz has a 900 RR .I love that bike and find it comfy enough. However for my self the ultimate would be GSX-R 750, enough power and great handling. Blow the 600 away and keep up with 1000, + the ergos are comfy.

Leave a comment:

• biker0099
    replied
    hulkified. sounds cool.. anyone have an opinion on the yamaha R1?

Leave a comment:

• 2K5GSX600F
    replied
    I don't know about any of those for long distance comfort but oompf is a WHOLE nother story.

Leave a comment:

• 2K5GSX600F
    replied
    I don't know about any of those for long distance comfort but oompf is a WHOLE nother story.

Leave a comment:

• irenekat
    replied
    ^yes, but they handle great in the right hands. they are just hulkified katana's after all hehe

Leave a comment:

• biker0099
    replied
    hayabusa huh.. aint that a huge bike?

Leave a comment:

• stevnmd
    replied
    Better comfort? Stay away from the RR then!!

You need to look at Triumph Sprint STs, Duc ST 2, 3, or 4s, VFRs, Hayabusas, FJRs, Blackbirds, or the likes... All are better handling than a Kat, comfortable (at least fairly), and have more oomph.

Leave a comment:

• irenekat
    replied
    get the 600rr..if the sole reason of getting the 900 because its a 900 is just plain...smart.

btw, its opposite day

Leave a comment:

• biker0099
    replied
    i am lookin for more oomph, better handling, better comfort.. I am actually determined to do a cross country ride one of these days. the kat hurts my ass on a 30 mile ride LOL

Leave a comment:

Working...
X