X

on the lookout for a new bike

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• on the lookout for a new bike

I have owned a 96 katana 750 for a few years now, love the bike. it's been great for commuting etc. But I find myself wanting something that is more nimble and has more ballz, I went to the local dealership and looked a HONDA CBR600RR and the 900RR. does anyone have an opinion on those two?. since I'm coming from a 750, I'm worried that I'll be downgraded on the power. and the bike is 8 thou, so its not like i can just return it. and they also wont let you test ride. which i think is BS. so i have to rely on opinion. think the 600rr would be enough, or should i go for the 900RR for the simple fact that its a 900cc bike.

Um , the 600 RR will have MORE power AND less weight than your Kat , so it'll go MUCH faster . Yeah , plenty of bike . Prolly not the most comfy , though ...
    I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

I have a buddy that has a 600RR and he loves it. very quick and nimble. How big are you though? The 600 is kinda tiny.
      Kan-O-Gixxer!
      -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
      -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
      -Ohlins Susupension
      -Various Other Mods

Comment

im 6ft 185 lbs.

Comment

The 600RR will run circles round a Kat 750... So would an F4i, and and F4i is more comfy than an RR.

Are you looking for a better handling bike? Looking for just something newer with more oomph? What do YOU want from your next machine?
          -Steve

Comment

i am lookin for more oomph, better handling, better comfort.. I am actually determined to do a cross country ride one of these days. the kat hurts my ass on a 30 mile ride LOL

Comment

get the 600rr..if the sole reason of getting the 900 because its a 900 is just plain...smart.

btw, its opposite day
              Hello World.

Comment

Better comfort? Stay away from the RR then!!

You need to look at Triumph Sprint STs, Duc ST 2, 3, or 4s, VFRs, Hayabusas, FJRs, Blackbirds, or the likes... All are better handling than a Kat, comfortable (at least fairly), and have more oomph.
                -Steve

Comment

hayabusa huh.. aint that a huge bike?

Comment

^yes, but they handle great in the right hands. they are just hulkified katana's after all hehe
                    Hello World.

Comment

I don't know about any of those for long distance comfort but oompf is a WHOLE nother story.
                      "You're going to learn to dicipline your image. You think I got where I am today because I dressed like Peter Pan here? Take a look at what I'm wearing people. You think anyone wants a roundhouse kick to the face while I'm wearing these bad boys? Forget about it."

Comment

I don't know about any of those for long distance comfort but oompf is a WHOLE nother story.
                        "You're going to learn to dicipline your image. You think I got where I am today because I dressed like Peter Pan here? Take a look at what I'm wearing people. You think anyone wants a roundhouse kick to the face while I'm wearing these bad boys? Forget about it."

Comment

hulkified. sounds cool.. anyone have an opinion on the yamaha R1?

Comment

My cuz has a 900 RR .I love that bike and find it comfy enough. However for my self the ultimate would be GSX-R 750, enough power and great handling. Blow the 600 away and keep up with 1000, + the ergos are comfy.
                            www.photobucket.com/albums/y152/rotary13b/

Comment

everybody and their brother has a GSXR round these parts. the typical red/blue/white color scheme.

Comment

Working...
                              X