X

Is 96 a bad year for KATS

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is 96 a bad year for KATS

I'm starting to wonder if the 1996 Kat 600 was built by some mythological creature in another dimension because I can't find anything I am looking for on it. There is no rear seat cowls, no slip ons for the dual exhaust (which I happen to like the look of), no sharkskin sets (or racing farings), or any other stuff on these parts warehouses. There has to be a place for this year bike... I'm beginning to get discouraged. Is there another model or year set thats similar? What is the major differences between the pre 98's and 98's and newer? Help!
    Chase

It takes some looking....

Actually I understand AirTech has fairings..
    But the AirTech web site is impossible to navigate.
    I'll see if I can dig up the link..

BraddaJim (as in the guy who runs the site)
    Has your seat cowl..

Slip on do exist too, but twice the price natch..

All pre 98 owners share your pain...

Comment

yea, its the worst one horrible they spontaniously comubust becasue of a flaw in the piston return spring

Comment

You are joking right Duff daddy! If so please throw a lol or something on there. If not... I got a 96 Kat for sale!
        Chase

Comment

jeccami, when was the last time you heard of a bad piston return spring? Obviously it's a joke, I mean, those things never go bad!
          Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

When was the last time I heard of a piston return spring period! I don't know crap about mechanics. Thats why I get robbed at the shop when I get stuff fixed. i am trying to find a repair manual for my year so I can learn though. Just got to wait till I get paid....
            Chase

Comment

Just keep an eye on ebay. I have seen lots of pre 98 parts there.

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

well id watch the blinker fluid too

yea im messen around, if you stick around youll see how much messen around i actually do hehe

Comment

I can be fooled Duff Daddy.... But I am also exceptionally good at revenge! I'll learn it all eventually though....
                  Chase

Comment

Funny monkey that Duff..

Comment

Originally posted by jeccami
                      i am trying to find a repair manual for my year so I can learn though. Just got to wait till I get paid....
                      I've got a Haynes Repair manual (still in plastic) for pre 98 Katanas. I am asking $17 plus shipping. If you are interested send me a PM.

Actually this is how it is described on the Haynes site.

"GSX-R & Katana SUPERBIKE, Air/oil cooled models, 600cc - '88 thru '96, 750cc - '85 thru '96, 1100cc - '86 thru '93"

Comment

Yeah, that blinker fluid will get ya. The muffler bearrings are even worse though.

Comment

Originally posted by duff daddy
                          well id watch the blinker fluid too
                          Ya it's beside the bucket of steam
                          it would not be any fun if it was easy! but does it have to be this much fun!!
                          Give A Person Expetations To Live Up To Not to A Reputition To Live Down !!

Comment

Originally posted by loudnlow7484
                            jeccami, when was the last time you heard of a bad piston return spring? Obviously it's a joke, I mean, those things never go bad!
                            Not true. Mine came loose and fell out of the engine, 'cause I can't find it no more...
                            My first aid kit comes with lights and siren

But sir, we are Navy SEALs, we are supposed to be surrounded...

Comment

I never realized that Kats had pistons or blinkers!!!!
                              lol lol lol

Comment

Working...
                              X