X

Mods?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mods?

OK... I've been thinking about how to best mod the red beast since purchasing her, and I think I've got a few ideas. Here they are:

Very little in the way of shiny bits. Swingarm and forks painted black. Chop the shovel. CF slip-on. Black hugger for the rear wheel. Black solo cowl. Keep the stock red color, but get rid of those gawdawful stickers. Black mesh mod. And since I'm dreaming here, I saw a set of CF wheels in my current issue of "Cycle World" that are STUNNING (although probably no chance of that company making a set for the Katana). Anyway, the point here is to have most everything on the bike either red or black in color, with little to no chrome... I wish I new how to photoshop this.

That's the plan. It's probably gonna take a LOOOOOOOONG time to complete, but that's the fun of it all, right?
    2005 Red Katana 600!

How y'all mom n' 'em?

he said solo cowl
    Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register

Comment

Originally posted by BraadaJim
      he said solo cowl
      maybe he should wait, like me, for the faux air ram kit

tim

Comment

and the undertail!!

if u keep the undertail the stock black color, the black cowl could look cool, and help tie in the belly pan nicely.

Comment

Sounds like a dark tinted windscreen would fit right in!

Comment

Katastrophe
            did you notice the price on those CF wheels?!?!?!

I think you could buy another Kat for the money..

Keeps us posted on painting the forks..
            I'm interested in that

Comment

Katastrophe
              did you notice the price on those CF wheels?!?!?!
              Nope, but I imagine they would cost an arm and a leg... and then some! It's gonna take some time to get the money to do all the painting, but I'll keep ya posted. Do you think it would look good going the rattle can route? THAT would be a money saver. HMMMM...

WildKat - thanks for reminding me about the undertail... have to add that to the list...

Jim - curse you and your product for making the Kat look fast, even when it's standing still ! Every time I see one on a Kat, I want one even more...

mx916- Great idea! Keep 'em coming.

I guess the good news is that some of these mods I can do on the cheap (mesh mod, shovel chop, painting forks and swingarm if I go with spray paint, stickerectomy). The others I can save for as I complete the cheapie mods. I'll probably never be able to afford CF wheels, but they sure would look sweet on the Kat...

Is there anyone with photochop talent that can create this idea on a 2005 Kat? Man, that would be great!

Keep the ideas coming...
              2005 Red Katana 600!

How y'all mom n' 'em?

Comment

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

Working...
                X