X

Katana with more power?!?!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Katana with more power?!?!

Please help me!saw a pic here(but where?) from a kat.think it was gold colour?!.
    it was a mod with another engine and more power!spezial k sold it????
    West of Germany
    greetz Carsten

TDA Racing/Motorsports
    1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
    Who knows what is next?
    Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
    Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

Those are some NICE Kats...

Comment

thx thazkat!
        the kabana, that was the bike what i mean!
        West of Germany
        greetz Carsten

Comment

Originally posted by Blacktog
          thx thazkat!
          the kabana, that was the bike what i mean!
          if you go to the Deals Gap Rally you might be able to see Kabana in person/bike! It is a awesome machine.
          TDA Racing/Motorsports
          1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
          Who knows what is next?
          Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
          Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

I have a 99 Katana 750 with a 89 GSXR 1100 engine in it. That thing is crazy fast. And I am still being gental with it since I am still breaking it in.
            Kan-O-Gixxer!
            -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
            -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
            -Ohlins Susupension
            -Various Other Mods

Comment

Damn that kabana is a beast!!

Comment

I actually sold it recently. New owner might just show up at the rally with it, as he lives not too far away from the Gap.

He might be a member on here...........gotta find him.

Yeah, that bike was VERY SWEET! Hauled ass, and had TONS of power.

I'll build another one...............................but in the mean time I'm going to build a 94 600 with an 1127 GSXR engine
                I've owned over 70 Katanas - you think I know anything about them?
                Is there such a thing as TOO MANY BIKES?
                Can you go TOO FAST on a bike?
                Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register

Comment

Lou: Update your ride profile!

You coming to the rally?
                  I've owned over 70 Katanas - you think I know anything about them?
                  Is there such a thing as TOO MANY BIKES?
                  Can you go TOO FAST on a bike?
                  Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register

Comment

I wish my bike was modd'ed and fast.
                    1995 GSX-R 750W (Barney Bike - Street)
                    2004 GSX-R 600 (Race Bike) - Powered by MoPowerSports.com
                    Certified Addicted Racing/Trackday Monkey & Gixxer Fixxer // WERA West #224

Comment

Originally posted by Special K
                      Lou: Update your ride profile!

You coming to the rally?
                      Oh yeah, forgot about the profile. And I don't think I'll make it to the gap this year. But, living in Bama, I will be a helleva lot closer.
                      Kan-O-Gixxer!
                      -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
                      -Ohlins Susupension
                      -Various Other Mods

Comment

How easy is it to put in a bandit engine on the '02 Katana??
                        DON'T HATE THE PLAYA, HATE THE GAME!!

Comment

please give me more information to take a 1200 bandit motor in a 99 kat!
                          i need everything!what must i change and so on!
                          West of Germany
                          greetz Carsten

Comment

Originally posted by Blacktog
                            please give me more information to take a 1200 bandit motor in a 99 kat!
                            i need everything!what must i change and so on!
                            im with blackie.. MORE INFO!! haha

mmm bandit motor with a turbo *wanders off muttering and drooling*

cheers.joe.

Comment

For the most part, the bandit engine or the Gixxer engine is a somewhat easy swap. There are a few things that you have to remember though. For a valve adjustment, you will have to lower the engine out (There are engine frame mounts towards the rear of the bike that act as a hinge, so it is not to bad as long as you have a jack or something to bring it back up (Or a extra set of hands) The reason you have to drop it is the head is so much higher, you will not be able to take the valve cover off with out dropping it. You will have to cut away part of the cross beam that supports the gas tank. You will have to shave off part of the breather box (at least on the gixxer engine I needed to) to clear the frame. With the Gixxer set up, you will not be able to use your speedo..... unless you do some serious modification. Well, not to serious, just very time consuming. The post 98 Katana's speedo is run off the sprocket drive shaft. The Gixxer is run off the front wheel. What Corey and I did was to actually drill out the sprocket drive shaft. Started really small and just kept going bigger and bigger, then tapped the whole to screw in the speedo thingy. Took about 2 hours to do (drilling hardened steel) and ruined quite a few expensive bits. Oh, and lots of WD 40 along the way. But in the end, I was able to keep my speedo and not have to get a computer. You keep the Katana Altenator (But change out the gear on it to match up with the new engine) keep the same coils.

What took us the longest was actually getting the engine into the bike. Thank God there were 3 of us!
                              Kan-O-Gixxer!
                              -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
                              -Ohlins Susupension
                              -Various Other Mods

Comment

Working...
                              X