X

Cool new Tie downs for bike

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cool new Tie downs for bike

Instead of using handlebars for tie down points and compressing suspension this uses the tires. Pretty cool. The web site also has video with the tyredown being used. They are available here in the States also.

Looks like it would work pretty good, and like you said it's not compressing the suspension.
    R.I.P. Marc (CyberPoet)

Comment

with a bike as top heavy as the kat you need an achor point up top.

imo

tim

Comment

Originally posted by trinc
        with a bike as top heavy as the kat you need an achor point up top.

imo

tim
        +1

Just being held at the wheels makes it seem like it'd fall over kinda easy...
        Keep the rubber side down!

Comment

I only see one tie down on the side.. I'd feel much better w/ 2 atleast.

definately a cool idea though.

Comment

I like it! Hard to imagine not needing front tie downs to go with it though.
            Suzuki Katana: The best underated motersicle in da woild

Comment

And where would you mount them in a truck? Good idea though.
              Kan-O-Gixxer!
              -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
              -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
              -Ohlins Susupension
              -Various Other Mods

Comment

I like it but like most of us the more sercure the better.
                TDA Racing/Motorsports
                1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
                Who knows what is next?
                Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
                Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

Yep, and always carry atleast 1 spare strap; expecially on long trips. Ever since the story Special K told us down at the gap about the bike that literally flew outta the back of the truck, I always carry 2 xtra straps and use aminium of 4 to tie the bike down.

Comment

[img]229.00 [/img]

Id say it is pretty secure but the price is a little steep.
                    PM me for Ultrasonic Carb Cleaning, pilot screw o-rings and washers and mercury refills

Harley Davidson
                    The most efficient way to turn gasoline into noise without the biproduct of horsepower

Comment

Van (Malloc) was among the first to get a set of these in the USA (that was back around end-of-July -- shipped straight from Australia) and we used it to strap his Kat down to a fold-up Harbor Freight trailer for his road-trip from FL to TX... Combined with a front wheel chock and straps at the triple-trees, it had zero problems and handled the whole stretch wonderfully.

I also approached Rob about having my company (MotorcycleAnchor) import/distribute them here in the USA after having the hands-on experience, but that arrangement never came to fruition. Still, it's a great product.

Cheers
                      =-= The CyberPoet
                      Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

And where would you mount them in a truck? Good idea though.

I have the same problem, have a truck but no trailer.

Comment

Originally posted by andrehendricken
                          And where would you mount them in a truck?
                          Depends on whether you were willing to drill a pair of holes to mount tie-downs at floor level (I'd put them right behind the wheelwell arches if they protrude into the bed). But I understand few want to drill their bed (even for a front chock)...

Cheers,
                          =-= The CyberPoet
                          Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

They are ok. unless you have a rear hugger installed?
                            Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

"That whenever any form of government becomes destructive to these ends, it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their safety and happiness." - Declaration of Independance

Comment

Originally posted by zleviticus
                              They are ok. unless you have a rear hugger installed?
                              Based on how we put it on Malloc's, I didn't see any conflict with a traditional rear hugger (although he doesn't have one installed -- the unit's positioning when in use was such that it wouldn't hit it). Personally, I think the idea of locking the bike in place without compressing or affecting the suspension is a good thing -- now if only I could come up with a way to do the same at the front...

Cheers,
                              =-= The CyberPoet
                              Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Working...
                              X