X

How fast have you got your kat?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jeccami
    Had my 98 KAT to 122 mph last week according to the Georgia State Patrol! Yeah...it sucks. $600 speeding ticket and traffic school.....
    Ouch!
    Jeff

Comment

I had my 91 Kat 600 up to 115 on the freeway. I usually do 80 to 90MPH on the freeway here, otherwise I'd get my ass run over!

I was once following my friend who has a Honda Nighthawk, he was doing about 100, so I just HAD to blow past him at 110
      Only a warrior chooses pacifism; others are condemned to it.

Comment

I've had mine up to an indicated 160-165 many times. At that point the tach is wrapped somewhere around 13,500 or 14. Mine is a 600 but the engine was done to a 750 with other engine work by the previous owner. I've always wondered if my engine is too much for the 600 tranny, are there any differences? Hmm....
        '01 TL1000R

Comment

Originally posted by mystahagy
          I've had mine up to an indicated 160-165 many times. At that point the tach is wrapped somewhere around 13,500 or 14. Mine is a 600 but the engine was done to a 750 with other engine work by the previous owner. I've always wondered if my engine is too much for the 600 tranny, are there any differences? Hmm....
          No significant tranny differences. As long as you unload the thrust coming off the engine when you shift and match RPM's reasonably, the tranny will last even with 100 HP pushing through it.

Cheers
          =-= The CyberPoet
          Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

I've gotten my 600 up to about 145 indicated but it seems like I have a little more power left. Is there any way to regear for a little more top end other than changing the sprokets?

Comment

141 MPh!!!!!!!!!!!!!

98 600, jetted, advanced and reground cams. 141 miles per hour as per my Garmin GPS Unit, Rev limiter bypassed (have a switched unit) This is with a front sprocket that is less one tooth. Thinking of going back to stock front sprocket because chain wears faster. Also had custom made headers made at a friends muffler shop that go to a Vance and Hines SS2 pipe. To say the least, my bike has fooled alot of "gixxer posers". 8)
              Rain or Shine, Onward I ride..........

Comment

Had mine upto about 230 Kmph(about 140mph) on the speedo.
                Tacho wasn't red-lined so the bike might have had a little more oomph, but i didn't really have the space needed to go any further(not to mention the $$$ if i got caught )

Bike is completely stock 90' Kat 600.
                -= Har du styr på lortet, eller lort på styret? =-

Comment

I hit the rev limiter in 6th on my 98 750, and was indicating 155 on the speedo. The only thing is a +2 on the rear sprocket, front sprocket is the stock size!. Kindof scared me when I hit the rev limiter, cause I was paying attention to what was ahead!!!
                  Um I dont know any wise quotes so go read katansoldiers quote in his signature!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

my speedo on my 1100 registers 280km. I passed it. maybe 290 according to the speedo. I was in 5th gear (i have a 5spd) and redlining. that is about 175mph. add for speedo error and I would say 160-165mph is a reasonable guess.
                    I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

170 kmh on my way to mexico.
                      Tito "Every day I get up and look through the Forbes list of the richest people in America. If I'm not there, I go to work."

Comment

Originally posted by smhholm
                        Got my 2004 600 to 135 by the speedo. I also felt like it had a little left but i ran out of road. I am thinkin that it would go to 140.

same here..well, didn't run out of road...just got a little scared.

www.vwvortex.com
                        I have nothing to say, I have no opinion. That's what I learned from 9 1/2 years of marriage.
                        Thanks to all who are serving in our GREAT ARMED FORCES from an old Navy Squid

Comment

Mach 2

Comment

and goose was riding shotgun right?

Comment

Originally posted by loudnlow7484
                              Originally posted by SweetLou
                              87 miles per hour. If I hit 88, the Flux Capacitor kicks in, then I'm really screwed.
                              I KNOW your alternator won't supply the 1.21 jigawatts of electricity it needs to operate, you big liar.
                              We use homemade plutonium. Duhhhhhhhhhh We got the instructions off ebay and it only takes a few household chemicles to make it.
                              PM me for Ultrasonic Carb Cleaning, pilot screw o-rings and washers and mercury refills

Harley Davidson
                              The most efficient way to turn gasoline into noise without the biproduct of horsepower

Comment

Originally posted by UFO8MyCow
                                Originally posted by loudnlow7484
                                Originally posted by SweetLou
                                87 miles per hour. If I hit 88, the Flux Capacitor kicks in, then I'm really screwed.
                                I KNOW your alternator won't supply the 1.21 jigawatts of electricity it needs to operate, you big liar.
                                We use homemade plutonium. Duhhhhhhhhhh We got the instructions off ebay and it only takes a few household chemicles to make it.
                                Are you guys confusing plutonium with your home made beernonium.

The spedo error, I went to the dragstrip today and the bike spedo showed 118 and the track indicated 109 mph. So, 10 mph at that speed seems very reasonable.
                                Is Effingham a swear word?

Comment

Working...
                                X