X

How fast have you got your kat?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How fast have you got your kat?

i got my 2000 750f up to 150 the other day and i was just wondering how fast the 600's go.

it felt like it had just a little more but i ran out of road

just wondering how fast the 600's go.
    I believe the top speed is in the low 130's for the 600's. Someone can correct me if i'm wrong.
    However, the rumor is that most speedo's tend to run high, sometimes as much as 10-15%.

Comment

I have brought her up to 120mph 05 750 Kat
      R.I.P. Marc (CyberPoet)

Comment

Got my 2004 600 to 135 by the speedo. I also felt like it had a little left but i ran out of road. I am thinkin that it would go to 140.

Comment

93 Katana 750 and I got 140 on the dyno and 130 on the street. the 140 is the dyno speed not the speedo.
          TDA Racing/Motorsports
          1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
          Who knows what is next?
          Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
          Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

I've had my 600 up to 220 km/h and that's 137mph. That wasn't redlined either.

I do believe Range posted his top speed last fall on his 750, he was hitting the rev limiter in 6th.
            Kyle

Comment

Yeah, most speedo's do have error, but when that needle starts climbing to 120, 130, u know ur flying none the less.

Ive come real close to hitting the limiter on my 2000 750, in 6th gear.. needle was dancing near the 160 mark, but I was running out of road, and my comfort zone of safe conditions was at an end!! and yeah it was pretty surreal.. Not something I'd do w/ regularity, but I can say I've done it!!

Comment

Got my '89 600 to max out at 140 still had about 1k rpm's before red line so I think I could pull out probably another 10mph's...140 according to the speedo...
                Good judgement comes from experience, and often experience comes from Bad Judgement :smt084
                Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com
                Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to Register

nah nah nah nah nah nah JAX! (special thnx to sexwax)

Comment

The fastest I've driven/ridden anything was last night. I got my friends GSXR-600 up to 150 with PLENTY of headroom. Riding that fast on such a small bike really makes you appreciate all the coverage on the front of the Kat!

I usually back off on the Kat at 125.
                  Ride like your life depends on it.

Comment

yeah ive had my 05 600 up to 120 and that was enought for me. id rather not test that limit yet. but its still a wild rush when your movin like that

Comment

Got mine to 130MPH , I had planty more to go on the bike but my brain was getting scared
                      Beauty is in the eye of the beer-holder.

Comment

I've done 130 for about hundred-thirty miles on a Kat 600. Then I had to take on gas and didn't feel like keeping at quite as fast because the extra frequent gas-fill-ups were consuming as much time as I was saving by going the extra 30 mph or so...

I've topped out with stock gearing and Metzeler Z6's in the OEM sizes on a Kat 600 at 137 or so... The fastest done on a jetted/piped/advanced 98+ 750 is about 144. IHMO, anything faster is probably gearing/speedo/tire errors combined. Anyone claiming 150+ on a 98+ Kat 750 has either mod'd the hell out of it -- or more likely, isn't taking speedo error into account after switching gearing ratios by changing sprockets (because the difference between 140mph and 150mph in terms of overcoming wind resistance is something in the neighborhood of a 22% power difference).

Cheers
                        =-= The CyberPoet
                        Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Hmm<takes out paper to write down notes>
                          Keith Paton
                          Red Kat 600 00 SOLD
                          13 GSXR750

Comment

Oh yeah, I've had mine to 110.
                            Keith Paton
                            Red Kat 600 00 SOLD
                            13 GSXR750

Comment

55 mph. the state speed limit in massachusetts and here in pa 65mph.......

Comment

Working...
                              X