X

Help me with the mean insurance agent

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help me with the mean insurance agent

Okey so here is the story . I'm trying to pick up an 04 hayabusa for a fairly good price . Here is my problem , the insurance companies think that it's a sport bike while I've heard that it's actually sepostu be a sport touring bike like the kat . My friend who is selling this bike to me says he had to fight his agent and they broke down and gave hime the sport tourer price . How can I find out how bike are actually classified?Please help . My current agent syes that they can insure me for 1000 a year but they cannot give me collision or medical becouse I'm under 30 years of age.
    Beauty is in the eye of the beer-holder.

ya...well i would be finding another broker who will give you collision...unless you don't mind losing a pile of money if you wreck it. if i was a broker, i would not want to insure you as a sport touring. suzuki doesn't class it as a sport touring. it is in their super sport category on the web page. In fact, they claim to surpass that and have called it an ultimate sport.

The Hayabusa GSX1300R pushes the boundaries of motorcycle performance and refinement so far beyond existing limits that it resides in the category it created called Ultimate Sport. What is truly astounding is that the Hayabusa attains unsurpassed levels of performance in such an effortless manner.
    good luck trying to convince them different. if i could not get my 93 1100 kat classed as a sport touring, i doubt you will with the busa.
    I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

try as you like but i won't do any good - the agent can sell anything they like but when it goes to the underwritter they will look at the vin number
      and send it back to the agent. but most likely the agent wont have any control as they just input the vin number into the computer and it spits out the rates ( along w/ age, driver rating etc. )

your only hope is to search for another company that lists it different. if you can an independant agent they may speed up the process.

good luck
      tim

Comment

yup, its all about the vin#. also, try searching for other insurance carriers because one company can classify the busa as a sportbike and another can classify it as a sporttourer..they have an annual or even bi-annual review of all motor vehicles class types maybe you'll get lucky. but dude, face it...if you're getting a busa, expect to shell out alot of $$$ for insurance
        Hello World.

Comment

While the Hayabusa can be a good sport touring platform, A stock busa is most definatly not a sport touring bike, and should not be classified as one. It was designed to be the fastest production bike ever. A feat it accomplished and held onto for a few years, until suzuki electronically limited it's speed. Even so it remains at the top. Albeit sharing that spot arguably with the zx12.

Agrue all you want with your insurance agent, but i doubt you'll get anywhere

Comment

Re: Help me with the mean insurance agent

Originally posted by escahoe
            Okey so here is the story . I'm trying to pick up an 04 hayabusa for a fairly good price . Here is my problem , the insurance companies think that it's a sport bike while I've heard that it's actually sepostu be a sport touring bike like the kat . My friend who is selling this bike to me says he had to fight his agent and they broke down and gave hime the sport tourer price . How can I find out how bike are actually classified?Please help . My current agent syes that they can insure me for 1000 a year but they cannot give me collision or medical becouse I'm under 30 years of age.
            Get a different insurance agent. State farm will insure you as long as you have a good driving record, and it'll probably be less than you're paying now.

Comment

Call as many insurance companies as you can and try to get a deal on it. Ask them outright if they can change the classification to touring. The worst they can do is say no. Make sure you know what they will and won't cover. Also note that most companies ask, "How do you plan on using this bike (commuter, recreation, etc)." Be prepared to answer this. Unfortunately, with a Hayabusa, you'll be lucky to find a "cheap" insurance quote...but it doesn't hurt to try.

Comment

'Busa - touring edition

I believe that Suzuki likes to refer to the Hyabusa as...

"The Fastest Motorcycle on the Planet"

Very humble, don't cha think.
                "Speed Junkie Since 1975"

Comment

A pile is what your bike would be if you don't get collision. I would find another Broker for sure.
                  TDA Racing/Motorsports
                  1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
                  Who knows what is next?
                  Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
                  Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

When I got insurance they said the model or type of bike didn't matter, it was all about how many CC's it is.

Comment

When ur insurance company here's the words Hayabusa, all they are thinking is.. cha ching!!!! Geico and Progressive seem to know alittle more about bikes than others, so u might be more apt to convince of the classification alittle better..but then again, they pay alot of people alot of money to come up w/ the rates, so unfortunately, u may not have much luck.

Comment

Originally posted by Getnprops
                        When I got insurance they said the model or type of bike didn't matter, it was all about how many CC's it is.
                        This is how State Farm writes their policies.

Comment

i say, it depends on the insurance co. there are probably some insurance companies in texas that deal with texas ONLY. those are the type of insurance companies you should deal with. also, ask your vehicle agent if they do motorcycle policies, if they do you might qualify for a discount. woohoo DISCOUNT!

as said before, it really helps to search for the best deal when it comes to insurance. good luck with it mang
                          Hello World.

Comment

The Insurance company and you Good luck!
                            R.I.P. Marc (CyberPoet)

Comment

Originally posted by TemtnF8
                              Originally posted by Getnprops
                              This is how State Farm writes their policies.
                              Mine tells me.. its all about classification of bikes.. so yeah, either way they got us...

Comment

Working...
                              X