X

fixin my bike

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fixin my bike

i bought a 05 katana 600. its my first bike and i went down about a week ago on it. big bummer. now i bent one of the forks and think that the other one is just twisted. i was wonderin if i would be able to put a complete tree off a gsxr on there in place of the original. other than that i have to buy a new upper left fairing so if anyone knows of a place to get replacement parts cheap or if this swap will work it would be greatly appreciated thanks

Best place to look for replacement fairings is ebay.

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

yeah ive been checkin but they have nothin for the 05 and the dealership wants 350 for one painted with decals on it

Comment

Any of the 98 to 05 front fairings will fit. Only the rear fairings are not the same.

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

Originally posted by aa96spyder
          yeah ive been checkin but they have nothin for the 05 and the dealership wants 350 for one painted with decals on it
          Remember, this is the price for a brand new, never scratched, painted-to-perfectly match fairing. $350 is cheaper than they usually go for (I think RonAyers quotes them at $509 or so). By comparison, you can figure $70 on eBay, plus painting -- if you paint, it's a deal; if you don't, you might come out ahead at $350 unless you repaint the whole bike at once (to make sure the colors match).

As for the triple-trees: I don't think the late model GSXR matches. Easy way to check, though: go to www.ronayers.com and compare part numbers. If they are the same, they will use the same part number. If they use the same size/type steering stem bearings, that should also give you a good head's up.

Meanwhile, ask around at the various non-main-dealer shops about where they get their replacement fork tubes. One of my local guys gets them out of some firm in PA at a very reasonable price ($50 - $70 for a inner brand new).

Cheers
          =-= The CyberPoet
          Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

yeah ill look in to that thanks alot

Comment

yeah ill look in to that thanks alot

Comment

keep an eye on www.andersonvintageparts.com
                they always have something on hand. i suspect this company just buys new old stock that doesn't move. they have a fairing here, but it is a lower one. i would email them if I were you. they will get you what you need.
                I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

whats the number to your guy who get those inner tubes out of penn. cause our non main dealers want 180 for a new inner tube for the fork and if i can get one cheaper through your guy ill do that. and noone will tell me who they get there stuff from, they will only give me there price

Comment

whats the number to your guy who get those inner tubes out of penn. cause our non main dealers want 180 for a new inner tube for the fork and if i can get one cheaper through your guy ill do that. and noone will tell me who they get there stuff from, they will only give me there price
                    Call RTM at (813) 265-2307 and ask to speak to the owner. Tell him that you need new 41mm inner fork tubes (or whatever size is on your bike) and that a friend in Tampa recommended him even though you're out of state -- maybe he'll tell you where he gets 'em.

Cheers
                    =-= The CyberPoet
                    Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Re: fixin my bike

i bought a 05 katana 600. its my first bike and i went down about a week ago on it. big bummer. now i bent one of the forks and think that the other one is just twisted. i was wonderin if i would be able to put a complete tree off a gsxr on there in place of the original. other than that i have to buy a new upper left fairing so if anyone knows of a place to get replacement parts cheap or if this swap will work it would be greatly appreciated thanks
                      HEY THERE,
                      I HAVE A LEFT MAIN FAIRING...IN BLACK, AND I THINK 1 IN RED TOO, WHAT COLOR DO U NEED? AND AS YOU CAN C , IM IN NY 2, SO YOU MAY BE ABLE 2 SAVE ON SHIPPING IF YA WANNA PICK IT UP IN THE CITY.
                      (((((((RIDE HARD OR GO HOME)))))))

Comment

Well, I think it is a real bummer that you crashed your brand new Katana! Did you get hurt? Man, how bad is this? Good luck getting all the parts you need.
                        My first aid kit comes with lights and siren

But sir, we are Navy SEALs, we are supposed to be surrounded...

Comment

yeah ill call him today thanks. but the color fairing i need is blue. and yeah it really suck that i down my new bike. as far as injuries go i have a a.c. seperation in my right should and a puncture would about 1' deep in my right hand where a stick or peice of bamboo went through my glove. other than that just a lil road rash. everything is healin fine now just some therapy to try and get my shoulder back in place

Comment

wanted to keep everyone posted. the parts i ordered came in today and will start fixin tomarrow. cant wait to get back on and ride again. and i singed up for the saftey course at one of our local colleges its a ins. discount plus ur liscense and alot of good riding tips to be safer. cant wait. and to let u all know in case you were wonderin i ordered the left upper fairing, inner tube for the fork, left side mirror and left turn signal. im gonna pop the small dent out of the gas tank on my own and get some touch up paint for it plus try to buff the light scratches out of the grab bar and rear fairing, cause there not bad so they dont have to be replaced. ill keep you posted and get pics up when its back up and runnin

Comment

good luck and i hope you never have to go through that again

Comment

Working...
                              X