X

Lady luck finally kicked, and she got both of them

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lady luck finally kicked, and she got both of them

Woke up sunday morning. Did my pre-ride check (that i rarely ever do) And noticed my rear tire a little low. So i checked it with my new tire gauge
    only 12 lbs. I grab a bottle of soapy water and begin looking for the hole. Spot a 1/2" slice, right in the middle of the tread. It's barely leaking any air, but it's enough for me to not ride on it.

What an expensive next couple of weeks this is going to be. Paid my truck ins ($480.00), bike ins is due at the end of july ($1000-$1300), and now a new set of tires . The plus side to this is that i finally get to give those crappy macadams the smokey funeral they deserve, and step up to something better. Still don't know what i'm gonna go with. Probably wont even think about it for a week or two.

Oh ya, i forgot to mention that i have to check my valves too, and while i'm at it i'll probably do the ignition advancer. I was also looking at getting a new chain and sprockets too, but those might have to wait. Unless i start getting some O.T. at work. Which is not likely

Does Junior still have that set of tires off his Kat in the garage or did he make a Xmas Wreath out of them . Might be worth a pm if you need something just to "get by".
    Kyle

Comment

Junior has sold his tires...too bad though!

Comment

I have a tire that was Jackals (Dunlop I beleive) you are welcome to that. Pm him for details of the tire, its yours.
        Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register

Comment

I also have a tire you can have. Mines a 160/60 BT020 for the rear...you could get the rest of the season out of it... and you can pick it up within 10 minutes of leaving your house.
          Suzuki Katana: The best underated motersicle in da woild

Comment

Have a brand new BT014 rear with a plug and radial patch over a nail hole. Yours free.
            Bike is sold

Comment

I have a swift kick in the Arse for you, you just gota fly me up there.
              Kan-O-Gixxer!
              -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
              -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
              -Ohlins Susupension
              -Various Other Mods

Comment

I just went and bought the same tire guage today.
                Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register

Comment

Man you're wallet is gonna be smoking by the time this is all done. you able to make it to the gap still at all ?

If any of you guys offering tires and Dan doesnt take u up on it. lemme know.

Comment

Originally posted by SweetLou
                    I have a swift kick in the Arse for you, you just gota fly me up there.
                    Why don't you just hop on the mexitana and ride up here (i'd actually like to see it)?

As for everybody else, thanks very much for the offers. I'm still waiting to hear from my insurance company how much renewal is going to be. As well as looking into state farm (i've been a good boy for the past few years so they might even look at me now). So once i find out that (friday) I'll let you know by PM. If it's not too much $$, then maybe i'll just spring for a whole new set right away, but i won't know anything until friday.

Ya Matt, i don't think my wallet ever stops smokin'. Hey Range, hook me up with something to put out wallet fires

Beek, now that your back, You, spedee, and I (or anybody else around here) gotta hook up for a ride once in a while. No big hoopla, just some weeknight after work, or saturday.

Thanks again for the tire offers guys (And KG). I'll let you know by friday afternoon, what direction i'm taking.

Comment

Originally posted by WildKat
                      Man you're wallet is gonna be smoking by the time this is all done. you able to make it to the gap still at all ?

If any of you guys offering tires and Dan doesnt take u up on it. lemme know.
                      Even though i have that week off for holidays, i still probably wont be able to make it. (unless i win a bit of money by then). But who knows, i could hit a bit pot at the poker tables.

I kind of let it as a last minute thing too, and i havn't asked around for any available room space. I'd hate to just show up and be like "can i sleep on your floor? i didn't get a room" I would really love to go, but as of right now, i just don't see it in the cards.

Hopefully i'll catch some of you at the ottawa rally, or another cobourg one (BTW what happened to the first one?) or something in between.

Comment

I'm doing a tire run over the border in the next week or so. I need a new rubber for the rally.

What tires are you looking at? I can check the prices while I'm over there. I don't know what your tire prices are like but there suck down here.

So far shipped to the border for Z6s is about $260 cdn, plus taxes for the Gov't so we'll say $300, they go for $400-450 a set locally plus tax.

I've also found a dealer just over there that according to some local riders has good prices I'll be calling tomorrow to see what they carry.

Originally posted by Dan Dubeau
                        I kind of let it as a last minute thing too, and i havn't asked around for any available room space. I'd hate to just show up and be like "can i sleep on your floor? i didn't get a room"
                        Hey that's what I'm doing . I purposely avoided posting I'm going as not to curse myself. I PM Jackal and range about going and within days the tranny on my Windstar decides to start slipping and hammering .

I'm still going, but It'll be on the cheap. Eat light, drink light and so on. Camp out if need be 8) , what ever it takes to make the rally.
                        Kyle

Comment

Hey , I'm bringin my camping gear ! But if I can find some air-conditioned floor space , I'd take it .
                          I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

I have a roll of ductape you can borrow, I'm sure that could seal it right up

Comment

Sorry guys, had a busy weekend. Didn't get a chance to go check insurance, but i can imagine it's going to be just as much as i expected. I still have this nightmare speeding ticket from Quebec on my record so I think state farm is out of the question. But i'll still try (if i ever get a friday to myself)

So back to the original problem. Beekman, if you still wanna sell me that tire, pm me with your adress, or phone #, and i'll pop by this week sometime and pick it up.

Thanks for the offers of help from everyone else. Thats what i love about KR

Comment

Working...
                              X