X

Do you ever go riding alone

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you ever go riding alone

This Saturday I decided at the last minute to get off my butt and go for a ride by myself. Most of my friends were working. I have to say that you Kat riders in Ottawa, Ontario have a beautiful stretch of highway,route 508 and the 511 the scenery is great and the roads are pretty well perfect compared to Quebec. Especially Calabogie to Perth. I left Montreal at 12:30 and got back home at 20:30 all totaled I did 635 kms (@ 385 miles.) It was nice to go along at my own pace and stop when I wanted to. It really cleared my head of all the daily bullshiate, just me the Kat and the road. My question is this, do you always ride with friends or do you go out and explore on your own once and a while?
    R.I.P. Marc (CyberPoet)

Most of my riding is solo, I commute a lot and my trips are sometimes aggresive in the distance department, last one was 648 miles in one day, but I had a blast. Oh, and I have no friends.

Comment

The first three years I was riding I was pretty much all alone . I still do all the time if no one else can come . I mean what am I gonna do , not ride just because none of my friends can come out and play ? I DO like riding more with friends usually , though .
      I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

i ride more alone then i do with someone else

Comment

I like riding w/ others, thats always fun..but I love riding alone. Just you and your bike, becoming one w/ the twisties and the highway. You just ride, relax, forget about the day and all ur responsibilities, and just go to another world, in you're own zone for a few hours.

Nothing like it.

Comment

I'd say 99% of my riding is alone.
            Kyle

Comment

Only to work!

Comment

95% of my riding is alone...

Cheers
                =-= The CyberPoet
                Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

would say 90% i ride in a group!at weekends 100%!
                  the distances between kat members are not so far here! 8) 8)
                  West of Germany
                  greetz Carsten

Comment

Originally posted by duff daddy
                    i ride more alone then i do with someone else
                    Me thinks alot of your activities are solo

Comment

I have yet to go riding with another cyclist... so yeah, pretty much.

Comment

I always ride alone. no one e'er calls me.
                        - It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

- Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

Comment

+1
                          2000 Kat 600
                          "Fast Blue"
                          Pic in Profile

Comment

Re: Do you ever go riding alone

Originally posted by katman05
                            It was nice to go along at my own pace and stop when I wanted to. It really cleared my head of all the daily bullshiate, just me the Kat and the road
                            95% solo
                            Thanks to KR, everytime I look at my bike, my wallet screams "NOOOOOOOoooooo"

Comment

I haven't ridden with another person yet. There's really only one person that I can go riding with now, and I'm sort of delaying that. It's someone that has been riding for a while and I recently got my first bike, so I want to be confident with my skills before I try riding with someone else. I don't want to try playing catch-up because I'm nervous about a turn that he takes at a higher speed. I use my bike to commute as well.

Comment

Working...
                              X