X

CLUTCH help needed now!! PLEASE

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CLUTCH help needed now!! PLEASE

i am in the procoss of converting to a 520chain..i got everything else off , but i need help getting the front off.

on the front sprocket is a Hex bolt holding on, what looks like a castle nut, which looks like is just a locking mechanism so the sprocket nut wont come loose and fall off.

My problem is im using everything i got to get the hex bolt off,while in gear, without stripping the inside of bolt. how have you guys gotten this off ? i need the bike done today.
    " The key to Immortality., is first living a life worth remembering." -St Augustine

you should have losened the front nut first then taken off the rear one
    TDA Racing/Motorsports
    1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
    Who knows what is next?
    Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
    Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

ok so the small hex nut first...just making sure..its just soo much of a bitch to get off. and i dont have a hex socket for my impact wrench..any sugesstions on a better way to get it off
      " The key to Immortality., is first living a life worth remembering." -St Augustine

Comment

you should have losened the front bolt and sprocket before doing the rear wheel
        TDA Racing/Motorsports
        1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
        Who knows what is next?
        Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
        Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

I didnt have that on my old motor and my new one i just had a big bolt a washer type thing and a screw that i made a bolt (with lots of lock tite) lol

Comment

someone tell me that these bolts are reversed threaded....cause i finally just stripped the hex bolt..and broke the castle nut behind it..and i put the rear wheel on so the engine didnt turn even in gear

Comment

Here is some info.

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

ok so i just torched the damn thing forever...smacked it with a hammer to try and loosen then use my HUGE channel locks on it and still wont break loose. im going to try and cut a slot in it and use a 1inch wide flat bit i have to break it. ARRHHHH getting to it and everything wasnt a pain. its jus this one stupid STUBBORN bolt. that shouldnt even have been torqued as much as it was.

one more question the nut behind right before the sprocket nut..is that the speed sensor nut ? if so then i'll have to buy another cause i destroyed it..if not then i have something i put in its place to keep sprocket nut from moving.

Comment

FINALLY i got it off after slotting it, but i destroyed the speedo nut. anyone know off hand how much these are ?

Comment

new question ...as i pulled off my clutch cover i didnt notice anything falling out at all. what i want to know is how does that rod coming out of the engine, that connects to clutch assembly, work ? i notice there is a half moon shape on the assembly but the rod is smooth. i didnt move anything , its just i read someone did what im doing and put everything back on and the clutch was screwed. i dont want to make any mistakes

Comment

Go over to RonAyers and look at the parts Fiche for your bike. It should all make better sense. Sorry about not seeing this thread earlier (I was busy), but normally, the first time you take off the OEM front sprocket nut, you need an impact wrench because of the type of loctite used.

Good Luck with the rest of it!
                      =-= The CyberPoet
                      Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

funny thing was i stripped the allen bolt with a 6mm hex socket attached to a impact wrench

Comment

ok so i goto the dealer to get the speedo sensor nut...$90 OMG..even the guy helping was shocked. and the allen bolt ............$1.89 go figure..there is more metal in the bolt *SIGHS*

Comment

Originally posted by Badkitty
                            ok so i goto the dealer to get the speedo sensor nut...$90 OMG..even the guy helping was shocked. and the allen bolt ............$1.89 go figure..there is more metal in the bolt *SIGHS*
                            You may want to price some of the online OEM-parts vendors, such as RonAyers or BikeBandit to get an idea of how much you might save (i.e. - whether the dealer is close or if they're really far off).

Good Luck!
                            =-= The CyberPoet
                            Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

hehe...i just got the part at local cycle dismantler..off a gsxr.perfect match $15 cant beat that with a stick. Even if i had to drive 45miles round trip to get it

Comment

Working...
                              X