X

so I went for a ride and...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• so I went for a ride and...

So I went for a ride and it started to get real windy. I felt like I was riding at a lean into the wind. We answered the question on if it is ever to hot to ride but now I m wondering if it is ever to windy to ride? What are your thoughts?

Bob

Pre 98's Rock!

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...&id=1593731870

http://www.myspace.com/bobbyma

Never. I'll be knee-dragging on a straight road before it's too windy to ride. It's also never too rainy. It can, however, be too cold, or too snowy/slushy.
    Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

i hate riding in the wind.

Comment

Originally posted by loudnlow7484
        Never. I'll be knee-dragging on a straight road before it's too windy to ride. It's also never too rainy. It can, however, be too cold, or too snowy/slushy.
        speaking of rain, when i bought my bike i had to ride it for 40 miles in the rain, at night. it was brrrr cold.

Pre 98's Rock!

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...&id=1593731870

http://www.myspace.com/bobbyma

Comment

Riding in very windy conditions is almost worse than riding in rain. You an get used to riding in rain once you've done it for awhile and its not a big deal. but the wind is so unpredictable and those gusts can be insane.. then couple that w/ the gusts coming off the big rigs, and yeah, it can be alittle interesting to say the least.

But unless ur talking tornado or hurricane force winds, I dont mind riding when mother nature needs to sneeze

Comment

just pass wind

Comment

I don't particularly like riding in the wind when you're going down the highway leaning into it and you feel like you're on a 45 degree angle. I'd rather go home and sip on a cold one, Cheers!
              R.I.P. Marc (CyberPoet)

Comment

hmmmm......it is quite plain to see that you have never ridden hwy 10 between chambly and granby. In the winter, when there is a bit of ice on the road, there have been cars that have been blown right in the ditch. a few yeas ago when I had my ex on the back and my 3 givi cases and other gear strapped on the bike, I had to ride in the emergency lane (shoulder) cuz I could not roll with traffic. 40mph was about tops. trying to keep with the traffic, i was being blown from one lane to another.
                And you will not be leaning nothing to much....cuz once you get the right lean, the wind shifts from another direction. there are some strong winds that come from the st lawreance valley...and once it hits the plains it is whipping around from all directions. if you were caught in it like i was, you would know what i mean.
                I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

I think it's too windy to ride if the wind speed tops 84 mph. That's Cat 2 Hurricane forces... I've ridden in Cat 1 Hurricanes and that was attrocious enough... At least the winds don't change direction very quickly -- Mojoe has a good point -- I don't think I would be comfortable with 40 mph winds that rotated over 90 degrees virtually instantly with no warning.

Cheers
                  =-= The CyberPoet
                  Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

If you understand and are "fluent" in countersteering, wind is not an issue. Until it's at "stupid velocity". :P

If we ever reach the point where we can't openly discuss riding bikes on acid without even a modicum of civility, then the terrorists have won.

HORSE BANG!!! ........props to *GP*

Official coefficient of friction test dummy

Comment

I was riding out in the country a few years ago, and it was kinda windy. Tossing me all over like a rag doll. I actually stopped to make sure that my rear tire was ok the way it was moving around.
                      Kan-O-Gixxer!
                      -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
                      -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
                      -Ohlins Susupension
                      -Various Other Mods

Comment

Its really fun when your front end gets screwy and you think you've got a flat, when in actuality its just the wind having a good ole time w/ ur bike!

Comment

I love the wind, but maybe that's just the skydiver in me. I find it fun.

Comment

screw the wind.

we've got a lot of fields around where I live.. always have wind, and on some days you get lucky enough to get slammed left then right within a quarter mile when you go between hills
                            Thanks to KR, everytime I look at my bike, my wallet screams "NOOOOOOOoooooo"

Comment

Originally posted by Mojoe
                              hmmmm......it is quite plain to see that you have never ridden hwy 10 between chambly and granby. In the winter, when there is a bit of ice on the road, there have been cars that have been blown right in the ditch. a few yeas ago when I had my ex on the back and my 3 givi cases and other gear strapped on the bike, I had to ride in the emergency lane (shoulder) cuz I could not roll with traffic. 40mph was about tops. trying to keep with the traffic, i was being blown from one lane to another.
                              And you will not be leaning nothing to much....cuz once you get the right lean, the wind shifts from another direction. there are some strong winds that come from the st lawreance valley...and once it hits the plains it is whipping around from all directions. if you were caught in it like i was, you would know what i mean.
                              If there is ice on the road, then indeed, it is too cold to ride. We have some vast open plains here in Ohio where the wind will really get going, and change directions often. I think the current off the lake helps that. Anyway, in strong wind, I find it more comfortable to ride next to a minivan or SUV, because they sort of keep the wind at bay.
                              Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

Working...
                              X